Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  174
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face GUESS WHAT? We Are Having a CT Meeting!!!!

That's right! In case you haven't heard, we are having the 1st Annual Crochet Talk Convention! I guess we can call it that. We hope it will be the first of many. It will be in June of 2014 in the beautiful state of Tennessee. You say, "Well, that is a year away. Why are you talking about it now?" Because it takes planning, fundraising & all of us working together to make it happen.
    Even if you can not be there in person, we are already trying to make ways for you to be a part of some of the classes/seminars being planned. We are talking about video & Skype.
    Any other ways we can make things accessible thru technology.
    So start thinking about it now. Watch this thread for more iformation the whole month of June. Don't just automatically think you can't attend. There are cabins to be shared, carpools to work out & all kinds of ways to make this weekend reasonable.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    I see some of you are looking at this post but you aren't saying anything. Do you have any questions, comments, remarks? Is anyone besides be excited about this? I am excited! I am looking forward to seeing everyone I have been talking to here. There are a few necks I want to hug! I feel pretty sure I am not the only one who is excited this way.
    Hugs, Jane

3. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Janie, I am extremely excited about it!! Really looking forward to a cabin on the lake also!! My biggest hope is that there will be a paddle boat accessible for me! Heck, I may even bring my fishing pole and get a fishing license! Ohhh, perhaps a fish fry? hmmmmmm, I love a good ole fish fry!!
    What really amazes me is the prices of the Inn and Cabin!! So very reasonable, especially since you can get a cabin with more than one bedroom, and weather you are 2 people or 6, the price is the same!! Which is more than a fair price for two!!

Anyway, I do want to offer up a couple of links that has some information for people that they can take a little look at. It is located in my Drop box, so if something looks strange that is why.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8if2xehdw...gathering.docx

You also can get join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/138774849642014/ if you use Facebook

5. Likes amanda, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jane and Rose..I am so very excited about this and I am offering for anyone that want to ..I am willing to rent a cabin ..I WILL pay for the rental for the two nights and you can come stay with me if you would like..all you would need is a way to get there..and maybe you can find a way with that too as ride shares might be arranged. And as far as food goes..we can always cook in the cabin..or bring things with us..NO one will go hungry ..lol. So get excited..start the planning..and come on and join us ..it is going to be a great weekend..I am also going to be showing how to do things with the computer, so if you need a mini course ..this will be the time to come join us..we are gonna have a great time! FUN FUN FUN in the Tennessee SuN!

If you want to share my cabin ..just pm me and let me know..I believe I will have a few beds available..I think the cabins are 2 bedroom with 2 double beds..just let me know ..hugs!

7. Likes amanda, N/A, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janie :Susan M J will be crying and Hugging myself as I cant come. I want to fet Hugs, Pictures of all who attend. Im so excited yet wont be there to even buy some goodies. Can we get access to any patterns of the items being donated, PAY for them it would help you Hookers. I hope all goes well, theres a fine group of gals & talented in organizing this. Watch out TN The Hookers are coming. Missing all the gossip, ideas, and future ideas WOW but my little Birdie will be ther/he'll tell me ALL. Your all in for the time of Crafters Delight. WAIT: Any sample of some food being made?????? Bless All Susan M J

9. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I can manage it...I would love to make some homemade cheese cake..oh and breakfast I love biscuits and gravy,.I think there is gonna be some cooking in the kitchen while there..lol..I am gonna find stuff to make while there and also have my car packed up with goodies..lol..This GAL like her vittles!

11. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, N/A, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,
    I don't know about the patterns. Lots of them my have been purchased patterns anyway. The only way patterns can be sold is if they are originals. It's a good idea though. You never know who is using an original pattern.
    Hugs, Jane

13. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that two or three of us are excited but how can we get more people excited? I can not wait to see my friends and get a real hug. I am hoping the classes will be shown thru skype or video conferencing. I have gotten us a space for the yard sale. It is $20 or $25 DAY FOR 3 DAYS. It doesn't have to be paid until after the yard sale. I feel that I should pay half of the price as I will be selling my own things as well as CT items. If anyone disagrees with me paying half please PM me and we will discuss it.

15. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    me21a WoW !! your a very generous person. I would be PM you immediatly BUT I cant come. I could pay and I OH so much NEED computer help. Darn Darn I'll get over it NO I WONT Darn??? All the things I need will be in A Beautiful Park and Cabin (never did that) and travel no, I want Hugs from all of you oh Darn . Enough crying. You Hookers are going to have a marvelous time, such a great opportunity for lots of reasons. Oh Im so excited for you. Like I mention ed to some one wish ther were pattern for us that cant make it in 2014?? We of course pay for them and help with donations???? YES YES??? SMJ

17. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    I disagree with you paying for half, I strongly disagree! You have been receiving & organizing & pricing everything! You & Kaye will be there all 3 LONG, HOT, SUMMER days, doing the WORK, the REAL WORK of handling customers, talking to people, telling them why each beautiful handmade item is worth so much. You two will be packing it up, loading & unloading it all, arranging everything so it will be attractive & saleable. No Ma'am, I do not think you should pay half of anything. If anything, we should be furnishing lunch & a big cooler full of something cold to drink all 3 days for ya'll.
    Love & hugs, Jane