Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  109
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Raok

Post Thanks / Like

Raok

How many of you know what that stands for? Not me until Marjorie explained it. Marjorie and I have been talking about RAOK. That is Random Acts Of Kindness. We think a group of us who like to commit RAOKs might form a group and pass along a little happiness. We are suggesting that you find someone that needs a little kindness and surprise them with a little gift be it a nice letter or a small gift. Nothing elaborate just something to give them a boost. People are fast to let people know they don't like something but we are suggesting you take a moment and let someone know you care. You might crochet them a flower or make up a fun poem or send them a postcard. If you are interested please let us know and we will form a group if enough people are interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love raoks, when I get to extend one or receive one, it makes my day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So would you join our group?

4. Likes justplainjudy, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in! I'm all about giving someone kudos and little things. Marjorie just caught me off guard with that one in a pm. Now I know what she is talking about. Pretty cool! Rock on with RAOK!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! You said it very well! Has anyone ever held a door for you? Have you been standing in line and saw someone with only two items, and you let them go ahead of you? If you did, or did anything like this, YOU are already a member! It's acting out of kindness to someone else without expectation of reward, simply to lighten or brighten their day. I've seen quite a few examples of it here already, Like people praying for others, etc. We just thought it would be fun to spread the word, and give others a chance to join in on the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can count me in! That's the way I feel when I joke around with Fay! If I can bring a smile or make someone giggle, then I feel like I've made their day!
    Hugs, Judy

9. Likes janie mae, BarbySue, MarjorieCrochets liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, of course.

11. Likes justplainjudy, MarjorieCrochets liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Judy, my name is FAYE ot Fay! Don't try to cheat me out of my E. Kaye and I are picky about our E. Kaye Mory will go either way but not me!!! And yes, I live to tease and Judy is sich an easy target!!

13. Likes janie mae, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so selfish as it makes me feel good to do or say something to make someone else feel good. Life is way too short to keep the good stuffed away inside and not let it out to where people know they are cherrished.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

15. Likes janie mae, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in
    not to toot my own horn but just yesterday I did a RAOK it cost me a quarter lol but a little boy was asking his mom for a quarter for a toy out of the machines mom said she didn't have a quarter I just finished paying for my items and had not put my money away I had a quarter in my hand. So I gave him the quarter and the smile that came to the little boys face and his moms was just priceless. i have no Idea who they were at all.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64