Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Raok - info

Post Thanks / Like

Raok - info

Ladies, as many of you know we have a group that is sending a little gift to the ones of us that are going thru a hard time be it health or marriage or depression and pain. We need a little more info on our family members here. We want to send some small gift that will give you a boost and let you know that we care about you. So would you do me the favor of letting us know your favorite gifts. Do you like crocheted items, new patterns, postcards or anything that is special to you. Things you collect or things you want to start collecting. Mine would be Christmas ornaments, just saying as an example!! lol So that we can send things we also need mailing addresses so if you don't mind would you also PM me your address and I will keep it confidentail if you desire. I have several addresses but you never know when we will be sending you something and we can't send it without an address. So as an example: my fave color is red, I don't collect anything but I think I am going to start collecting Christmas ornaments or patterns for them. I don't wear perfume and I love getting anything that you make. I love flowers and tulips are my fave. Chocolate is always good and I have gotten hooked on those fruit jelly-like snacks. I know I'm 10 years old. LOL I love dogs and I would love to travel and see the world and maybe I can do that thru your eyes. So if you are a traveler I would love a souvenir from wherever you went. Any more info you can volunteer would be helpful. I'm out of ideas but hopefully you get the idea. Thanks and the other post 10 favorite things is good too but I want a little more about what you like for a gift.

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, I sent you a PM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've already been RAOKed. Do you still want me to do this? I can just so folks know me better, I guess. I have 3 mini-schnauzers that sleep in bed with hubby & me. I collect too many things, according to hubby. But I love vintage/antique handkerchiefs & doilies. Also sewing implements like wooden sock darners (not all of you will know what those are), old pkgs of needles & mini sewing kits, old buttons, aprons, salt & pepper shakers, brooches (pins). This is just the small stuff I collect. We won't go into the big stuff. My favorite color is also red. My family will tell you that I am to be buried in one of my many red dresses. I like making wreaths, old fasshioned woven potholders, I am teaching myself how to sew on a machine. I have always been afraid I will get my finger. LOL I make pillows,too. I am a chocoholic. I drink a fair bit of coffee & flavored tea. I need the caffeine & I am cold lots. I am disabled due to neck & back issues (degenerative disc disease). That should be enough to give you a little better picture of me. Hugs, Jane

5. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Info please Ladies, you never know when you might need a pick me up. Ask Jane, Redhead and a few more. They have been RAOKed and very surprised and happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have explained on another thread but I can here, too. You can be having an ok day or an awful day. Then wham! There is a package, totally unexpected, in your mailbox. Nothing big or fancy, just a little something from a CT friend, just to let you know "Hey somebody is thinking about you" or "Hey, I know things have been a little rough lately, I care". Just to know somebody would go to the trouble to make a little something for me or pay real attention to what I wrote. I knew I had real friends here already but this just let me realize some more. This group is filled with special people. The small expressions of caring & concern happen every day.
    Hugs, Jane

8. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Said perfectly Jane!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...Here it goes. I live in FL and love it here, I collect crochet patterns and have finally got a notebook to put them all in and dividers to separated them in to catagories. I like the colors teal, emerald green, purple, burgandy, dusty rose. I also like signs for our back yard that has to do with living in paradise, or life is good. Things like that. I have no hot pads and want to make some but haven't looked for any patterns yet. I like to crochet in acrylic and cotton. I have tried to knit but have given it up. I have a dog and two kitties that we adore. We will be getting a new kitchen in the next month or two and my colors will be in the tans, browns and blacks. Can't wait for that! I can't think of anything else to write but if there is anything you can think of please let me know and I'll be happy to add.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I only accept hard cold CASH!!! LOLOL ;);););)

Now you know what that means, somebody is going to crochet some big bills, stuff them so they are hard or starch them and send them to me, LOLOL

12. Likes amanda, nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, Barby Sue. Did you do the 10 questions, too? We need all of it but this extra info is great about your yard, your critters & your
    kitchen. This new kitchen will be exciting. It may be a mess in the beginning but will be so worth it when you are done. I am excited for you.
    Hugs, Jane

14. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I only accept hard cold CASH!!! LOLOL

Now you know what that means, somebody is going to crochet some big bills, stuff them so they are hard or starch them and send them to me, LOLOL
    Off your rocker again today, huh!?!?!? You are a riot!!!!! HA HA HA !!! You are always good for a laugh...Love ya.. and you know I am just kidding you!! XOXOXOXO ..(Got my computer back just a while ago. Yippeeeeeee!)

16. Likes amanda liked this post