Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  279
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to the meeting group you will find all the info but to answer your questions as well as I can. The cabins are fully furnished with a total kitchen with pots and pans and some dishes. No towels in the kitchen I think. You can cook a big meal or small. There is a full size stove and fridge. The fishing cabins are right on the water. You can fish off the balcony. The Inn is a full service inn. Last time family stayed there the rooms were ok nothing grand but clean. The Inn has a restaurant with a buffet line and more. The prices are on the meeting site but are very reasonable especially the cabins where there are 2 or 3 bedrooms that you can share the expense. Please go to the group site and you will see the info or a link to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Somewhere on here is a note, about a flower in a picture. If I ever ,EVER learn now to use this computer I will send the picture. Now as to the Divinity, I could never make the candy like my mother's. Till we became close friends to a couple From Minn. And he proceeded in telling and showing me how make all kinds on candy. He taught me how to cook twice on the candy. That man could tell you how to cook anything.
    if you had cake or cookies at their house you can bet Bill made them. I made the remark that the squirrel I fixed was tough and he cooked one for me that was very tender. you boil it like chicken then fry it. Now, another question, You talk about cabins at the convention. where are they and now much would they cost. Are there going to be dinners, if not then are there places to grab a hamburger or sandwiches. Are there fridges in the cabins for milk or friuts
    Did you get your questions answered? Here is a couple of links that you may like to check out
    Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls: Lodging This one is information on the lodging

This is our Newsletter which will show some of the prices under the Lodging part https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8if2xehdw...gathering.docx

3. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ThAnks Rosie, you know how computer savvy I am. You are so great and such a big help. Thank goodness I have smart and thoughtful people helping me.

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yayyy!!! I found the 10 questions.
    #1: My favorite colors: teal,moss green, emerald green, shades of purple, burandy and dusty rose almost any bright color except browns, greys, dark colors.
    #2: My favorite crafts besides crocheting: plastic canvas, painting pictures on fences and wall murals, drawing, painting, quilting, you name I like doing it!
    #3: favorite to relax: take a walk, ride my 3-wheeler, take a nap, do some plastic canvas project, watch TV,take another nap!
    #4: favorite cuisine: Good old southern cooking with fried chicken like gramma made!
    #5: favorite beverage: ice cold water
    #6: Favorite sweet: Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.. but best of all is truffles from the Kopper Kettle in Van Buren , AR located at 6300 Alma Highway (look them up on the internet!)They have absolutely the best truffles I have ever tasted my life!! If you are a chocoholic like me, look them up. They will mail your order anywhere you want to send it!

#7: Favorite movie: Any thing on Hallmark channel and Lifetime movie channel. I can't get them anymore because I just use an antenna and get 4 channels.
    #8: Favorite pet: My little maltese, Perky and I love to feed the humming birds.
    #9:favorite flower: mums, roses an lilacs and also bridal wreath.
    #10: Favorite apparel. T-shirt and jeans and when I am lazy , my pajamas all day long!

Now you have it and my address is evidently in your info on crochet talk because I got my RAOK gift!!XOXOXOXOXOPatty

7. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    So fun!!! Everybody on here is nuts!!! I love this site!!!
    I surely fit right in with you all!!!!! I know I'm nuts for sittin' here trying to read 12 pages of comments at one sitting!!! I am gettin so tired but by darn , i will read every last one tonight even if it kills me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh shizit! I just cut off the rest of this page because I just typed this comment!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Patty

9. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    I hear the likes of Faye sending out divinity to others too!
    I love divinity and haven't had any since I was a little kid. It really sound sooooo good! hint, hint, hint hee, hee, hee! Guess who?

11. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all the rain we been having, divinity won't set up.. I think that is why most people make it at Christmas time. I use to make it all the time at Christmas, but in the winter it will usually will set up because the furnace will take the moisture out of the air.

13. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a minute where did I say I was making divinity for you bums????? lol

15. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know what divinity is? Is it a SOUTHERN thing ladies? I should know since my ancestors are all from the SOUTH! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

17. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a divine white candy usually has a pecan sitting on top of a cloud of sweet white goodness. It is made with a meringue of eggs and then hot syrup is mixed in and then dropped into mounds and a pecan placed on top. YUM!! But you are right, you can not make it if there is humidity in the air. Myfirst MIL made the best but she didn't leave her recipe when she passed so I have never made it.

19. Likes justplainjudy liked this post