Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  279
Page 10 of 13 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you prowl around a little, I bet someone has it!
    Hugs, Jane

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mountain granny, I grew up in the hill country part of Ohio. Wheeling West Va was across the river. Moundsville was about 15 mil up the river. I always said I was a dumb hillbilly from the sticks that didn't get any learning till I left the valley. Us. route 40 went thru the main center of the town and when they made it Interstate 90, they turned it into a skyline bridge that went over the town and the inland , into the hills behind Wheeling Our hills were tall and I have teased the people here that they just have bumps in the road. I have often wanted to go back to the mountains. But George's family were here and he wanted to come back home. And I am way past the time where I could pick up and move now.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I will say color, Teal. Craft would be crochet and getting patterns on the computer. I would have to say that it is my world. I can't say any single food for me, I love to eat. I have been all over Europe and the states and I can tell you the foods I don't like. Beverage would be Tea or Pepsi. Sweets , Divinity and dark chocolate . TV shows , NCIS and Castle. Pets has always been cats. Flowers, Lily Of The Valley, Lilacs And roses. Clothes , Some sort of pants, jeans, or dress pants. Tops mostly T shirts Most of the time I run around here in my Knit pants and T shirt pajamas. On my eats I am very cautious. I am allergic to artificial sugars. So I read labels when I go Groc. shopping. A lot of people sweeten tea with artificial sweetener so if I am not sure about it, I will ask for water. We have pot luck meals here in our court and I am very careful with what I put on my plate. Most of the people here are diabetic and they cook accordingly. Usually I will eat just what I have taken. I have enjoyed reading about all of you. This is where I get my relaxing time. Margaret

5. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texas Transplant, I made the type you drop from a spoon also, I use to get pecan halves and put one on top the divinity lightly press it in that way if someone doesn't like nuts can take it off.. Have you ever heard of Twice cooked Divinity? it doesn't setup as fast. that way you can get it out before it dries. Twice cooked Divinity you cook the mixture to a soft boil and pour about a 1/4 of the mixture in the egg whites, and put the pan back on and finish cooking it and pour that in the Egg white, Mom got the recipe out of Better House and Garden cookbook. She was a fantastic cook. For myself I just put the nuts in the mixture.
    My address is
    Janice Davis
    17180 Delhi Farms Rd
    Jerseyville, IL

7. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, what kind of dressing, Bread dressing to stuff a turkey or some kind of meat. Or a salad dressing. My Mother always made her own mayomaise and she used it as salad dressing. Turkey stuffing was cornbread dressing.

9. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll are making me hungry!!! I love divinity. My mom used to make it every Christmas, too. I have her recipe but it never comes out. Mom always said it had to do with the weather - it had to be sunny and low humidity for divinity to turn out right.

11. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info about yourself. I wish everyone would do it.

13. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Texas transplant, you are the first person, that I know of who likes divinity, my Mother use to make it every Christmas, and I use to make it every Christmas until I had my stroke.. I would love to have some divinity again.
    I love divinity and make it every christmas too, so does one of my daughters, . :
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

15. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    dragondrummer, yes you can't make divinity on a humid day, it just won't come out right. I only made Divinity at Christmas, so I just turned my humidifier off the day before I make it.

17. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    1. My favorite color: Purple, teal, fuscia (sorry--I love all 3)
    2. My favorite craft: knitting (but I love to crochet too!)
    3. Favorite thing to do to relax, other than crochet: Read, sketch
    4. Favorite cuisine: Chinese
    5: Favorite beverage: water w/slice of lemon
    6. Favorite sweet: german chocolate
    7. Favorite TV Show: Star trek-- any of the series
    8: Favorite pet: cats and dogs
    9: Favorite flower: lavender
    10. Favorite apparel: jeans and sweats

19. Likes grandmajenny, iistok liked this post