Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

If you take NSAID's for arthritis etc. be very careful!!

I know a few of you out there have arthritis and I wanted to warn you about NSAId( non steroidal anti inflamatory drugs ) both over the counter( ibprophen ( Advil ) or prescribed. They can seriously damage your kidneys and you will likely not know it untill you are in serious trouble. I took a drug called maloxicam for 5 years and my incompatent doctor never had my blood/urin tested for kidney disease in the whole time. It turns out that I now have stage 3 kidney disease and that was only discovered on my pre op for surgery and in further tests after that. If you do take alot of ibprophen or have done so for a long time or if you take NSAID's even for a year or less ask your Dr. to do the blood/urine tests to be sure it isn't silently killing you. I hope this never becomes a issue for you and I do wish all of you well.
    On a personal note, I am ok right now but I am extreemly angery with my Dr. I can't even find another one in my area that will take me on because we have a Dr. shortage in my area. Such is life!!!
    On the up side I have finished the rectangle catherin's wheel blanket ( more like a lap cover ) It turned out ok but not as nice as the square blanket I did before. I used alot of colours and it is a bit " busy " for my usual tastes.
    I hope everyone is well and that spring is finally here to stay. All the best, Kat

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the picture? We need to see a picture of your latest project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't gotten around to taking one yet but I will post it when I do. Thanks, Kat