Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by me2la View Post
    Karen hon..Glad you are back..glad the Loopiness went away..only kind of loopy is allowed here is hooking loopiness..lol..and then only when assisted by friends..lol..Seriously though....I had mini stroke and felt not my self at all..not fun..so I feel for you hon and glad you are doing better..hugs Anne
    Thank you, Anne. it was not a fun time. I had no pain but that seem unimportant in the scheme of things. The day I lost my things I cried and cried because I knew things weren't right. I think I scared my family. They had never seen me despondent before. But I prayed and prayed that God would show me what to do. That's when I got sick, and knew to stop the meds. I was worried that all my pain would return but it didn't. After I was able to eat again (that took a week) my pain slowly returned. But I finally got my shot in my back and I am fine now. I missed talking but who knows what I would have said. it was that bad. So, I'm here and will continue to check and send encouragement where I can. I hope you saw my message about the Wi-Fi for our meeting. Take care of yourself, Anne. Kay

2. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by me2la View Post
    Karen hon..Glad you are back..glad the Loopiness went away..only kind of loopy is allowed here is hooking loopiness..lol..and then only when assisted by friends..lol..Seriously though....I had mini stroke and felt not my self at all..not fun..so I feel for you hon and glad you are doing better..hugs Anne
    Thank you, Anne. it was not a fun time. I had no pain but that seem unimportant in the scheme of things. The day I lost my things I cried and cried because I knew things weren't right. I think I scared my family. They had never seen me despondent before. But I prayed and prayed that God would show me what to do. That's when I got sick, and knew to stop the meds. I was worried that all my pain would return but it didn't. After I was able to eat again (that took a week) my pain slowly returned. But I finally got my shot in my back and I am fine now. I missed talking but who knows what I would have said. it was that bad. So, I'm here and will continue to check and send encouragement where I can. I hope you saw my message about the Wi-Fi for our meeting. Take care of yourself, Anne. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops. sorry about double post. I don't know how that happened!

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Kathy. and I want to thank all of you for your hugs. They really mean a lot to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Am so glad you are feeling better, I know what meds can do to your mind.. I am on 6 High Blood Pressure meds plus others, all together I am on 11 different Prescriptions, and I am nothing like the person I was 10 years ago. Sometimes I feel like my brain was run through a blender. Hope you continue to feel better.
    No matter how bad things seem for us, someone can always tell us something that helps to put things in prospective. MeeeKat, I thought I was taking a lot of meds and it's down to 6 regular ones along with a new Insulin and with 4 others I take as needed. Hey, glad you truly understood what I was talking about. Let's keep close tabs on each other. Okay? Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are back!!!!!!! Meds can mess you up-nearly lost d-i-l last summer because of her meds. I take 6 meds a day. Keep the faith and keep hookin' (LOL).

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaye, I really do understand what you went through.. I use to never say anything to anyone that was unkind, and I did allow people to walk all over me.. Now I say what i think, no matter what.. I don't want to but Seems I just can't help myself, I have had a lot of mini strokes and it did change me, plus all the meds I took, After I had my first main stroke, they had me on 10 High Blood Pressure meds, I am now down to 6. People just don't seem to understand when you have a mental problem, it is something they can't see, so they think you are just putting on..
    I am so glad they got you on the right track, because wrong meds can also damage your brain.. Am really glad you are back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Kaye, I really do understand what you went through.. I use to never say anything to anyone that was unkind, and I did allow people to walk all over me.. Now I say what i think, no matter what.. I don't want to but Seems I just can't help myself, I have had a lot of mini strokes and it did change me, plus all the meds I took, After I had my first main stroke, they had me on 10 High Blood Pressure meds, I am now down to 6. People just don't seem to understand when you have a mental problem, it is something they can't see, so they think you are just putting on..
    I am so glad they got you on the right track, because wrong meds can also damage your brain.. Am really glad you are back.
    Thanks again. Yeah, my mind was out there for awhile. I actually had taken a medication about 2 years ago that had me thinking suicide. Now anyone who knows me knows that is not me. I didn't tell anyone my thoughts but one day I just had to stop myself and ay, "Where is that coming from?!!" I went back and re-read the medication sheet for that drug and it did say it could cause suicidal thoughts. That was so weird for me. The one thing that I can say is that at some point I become aware and that is critical. Thank you for sharing with me! Lots of hugs to you!

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaye, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Through your journey, you've grown stronger. God loves you and He has protected and provided for you and He'll continue to do so. God continues to embrace you daily. Your relationship with God will be your guide. I'll be praying for you.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so right,Meerkat. I have dealt with chronic depression for many years. Those who do not know how horrid it can be think it doesn't exist. Thanks to a good Dr. & the proper meds my life is GOOD. Hope those who make "fun" of depression never have to deal with it.