Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Restless leg Symdrome: Help

I am having problems with my legs tonight the just feel nervous, I know that sounds silly but I am sitting here bounsing my legs on the floor.. I swear it is driving me crazy.. Does anyone one know what to do for it????.. There is know way I can sleep like this, never had it before.. I saw it talked about on tv a couple years ago but never really paid any attention to it, because I thought it was a scam.. But I know how people feel now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear! I know it s hard but try to relax. I do with my legs following. I imagine I have hot ball inside legs and it goes up and down and heals all inside! Try to put legs into cold water for a bit and warm water. It can revive nerves in them. I wish i could be there and make massage and help with "hot ball"
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I take medication to prevent it but it does happen anyway. It is a need to move that you can not control. It has taken a whole lot of nights from me. I recently upped my medicine because it was happening more often. It drives me crazy when I can't sit still. It wakes me up some nights and then others it keeps me from sleeping. It comes on sometimes while I am sitting and I am bouncing around in my chair. So it is a fact and it really is miserable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg, bless yawl's hearts!! I so hope yawl get the relief you need!!

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time I have ever had it.. And it isn't funny, I am sitting here bouncing my legs up and down, that seems to help, and I took 1/2 a nerve pill to see if that helps.. I honestly thought it was a scam because I never had it before, and they were just trying to sell there product.. But this is miserable it not very easy to type when you're bouncing your legs around.. My dog wasn't to thrilled about it either, she jumped off my lap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is called Restless Leg syndrome but can it effect your whole body.. It is in my arms and back.. I started walking back and forth with my arms wrapped around my self, rubbing my arms and back. I am going to go to bed and wrap myself up in Toms Heating blanket to see if that helps/..

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you sleep MeerKat? I take medicine for it because I kick so much in my sleep my husband was getting bruises! They had me on my medicine 2x daily but it made me to tired last night I took 1 and it was starting up again 2 hours later! I hope you are all up doing well or in bed sleeping well! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Meercat, Are you better today? Did you get any relief? Concerned about you. Call the Dr if it doesn't get any better> Thinking of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have restless legs, and I take the Ropinirole, generic for Requip. I only take it when I feel the restlegs beginning. I also use it for leg cramps. Within 5-10 min. the pain/discomfort is gone. I also have a story about when in hospital after having both knees replaced. Nurses and I thought the discomfort was pain, but it ended up a case of restless legs. Took the medicine, and within minites was OK!

12. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Restless Leg Syndrome is definitely no scam. I have had it for years. For the first several years I thought I just could not sleep, my brain would not shut off. My doctor put me on sleeping pills at the time. It helped to get to sleep, but I could not stay asleep. I would feel like I had to get up and walk. Sometimes I just had to keep moving my legs. I bought a recliner that had heat and massage which really helped for a while. When I had a friend at work at the time found out he had it and described it to me, I still did not figure out that I had restless legs. Once I did, and talked to my doctor about it, he put me on medication for it. TOTALLY different. I could sleep and actually rest. It has gotten worse over the years and had to up the dosage, and lord do NOT let me run out. I did once, and my husband threatened to knock me out. I was going to sleep with sleeping pills, but still walking around because of my legs!

There is an over the counter homeopathic remedy that does help if you do not have it really bad. It is called Hylands Restless Legs. They also have Leg Cramps medicine that helps because it has quinine in it.

I cannot even fly any distance in a plane because of it. Just the sitting still for hours makes it go crazy. I have to take a part of one of my prescription pills to fly. I am on a drug called Requip, but taking the generic called ropinirole. It is actually for Parkinsons Disease. There is another medication also, but I do not know the name of it.

Please see your doctor and talk about it if the over the counter stuff does not help. If you keep losing sleep, you can become a depressed, grouchy person like I did for years. NOT pretty!!!

Cindy