Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

SHOPPING time...my passion!

If there's one thing I never get tired of doing, it's SHOPPING! I love to shop!!!It's so important to me that I plan a day for my shopping time weekly. It's my "just- for-me time! My lovely daughters inherited this gene too. You could say I raised them right!

Today's shopping excursion included Marshall's/HomeGoods, Dollar Tree and Kirkland's. I made good choices as they are located in the same shopping strip. Here's what I purchased at:

Marshall's/HomeGoods- 2 ivory pillows, 2 green pillows, metal peacock wall art, peacock design storage chest, mirror jewelry box, jar of gourmet olives stuffed with garlic and a shadow box picture w/3-D preserved flower.

Kirkland's- the hunt was on for a standing fruit stand for my kitchen. Not there!
    Just makes for my need to shop again! I like that!

Dollar Tree-although I'd gone grocery shopping on Friday, a new list had begun and I intentionally placed it in my planner. Just in case! I found a few of the items that were on my list plus more. When I visit my daddy, I'll have his all-time favorite, peanut brittle to give him! I saw some strawberry jam that I just had to try, so I bought 2 jars. I bought multiples of some items so that we are well-supplied. It surprises me whenever a brand name item can be found here!

My intent was to go to a few more stores, but by the time I'd deposited and took items out of the basket and done it again and again and again, I decided my SHOPPING excursion was productive enough and my smile was huge enough that I could head home a very satisfied woman! Awwwwwww...until my next SHOPPING time!

Thank you my sweet older daughter for keeping your daddy company while I was away!<3

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any other shoppers? If so, how often do you shop and what do you enjoy shopping for?

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to love to go shopping, my daughter and I would leave around 9:00am and get back around 5pm.. Can't shop like that anymore so my shopping is online, I love shopping online as much as I loved going to Malls.. I hate that I can't go to places like Dollar Tree, I loved that place. I love WalMart because there shipping charge is so reasonable, I would spend that much in Gas. I usually have it in 2or 3 days.. Most places you can get it in a couple days, but some places it takes a couple weeks, I hate that.. My favorite place for close is Metro for pants and blouses I love Blairs. I don't even have to leave my home..

6. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that there are pros and cons to both in person shopping vs online shopping. I love the delivery to my front door. Can not beat that, I think. But the FUN of in person shopping, getting out alone or with a girlfriend is also unbeatable. Eating a meal together, just gabbing is a lot of fun to do!!

I LOVE thrift shops!! I feel like I am on a treasure hunt, I never know what I am going to find. I live in a small town up in the Ozarks, so when I need electronics, I shop online for the best price. I read up on reviews by either CNET or I do a google search and go from there. I think that Amazon.com is great and I also check out Tiger Direct for refurbished items.

My 2 cents worth!!

8. Likes justplainjudy, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I by my PC products from them, they are another one that get your merchandise out fast.. I wish I could shop like I use to, my Mother and sister and I use to go shopping then stop for lunch once a month.

The ozarks are beautiful, went once to Bagnell Dam we enjoyed that.. Have you ever been to Meramac Caverns? That is interesting.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 02-20-2013 at 04:52 AM.

10. Likes justplainjudy, Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? From Tiger Direct or Amazon? I hear you on the going shopping with your Mother and your sister! I am trying to get some of the ladies I go to church with involved in one shopping day maybe every other month? Some of them are just too broke or too busy!!

My computer tower is refurbished from Tiger Direct. It cost about $220.00. It came with a keyboard and a basic operating system (Windows 7) but no office software like word documents, spreadsheets, etc....

So I went online and started researching my options and I found out about Linux which offers matching software to Windows but the 2 are not compatible. I love the Linux programs, they have a software website and offer tons of software for anything you can imagine. It can get a little tricky at times but it is a lot of fun also. I have learned a lot of computers have Linux.

12. Likes justplainjudy, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tiger Direct is where I shop most. I use to really enjoy going shopping with them, but they both past away within 6 months of each other, I really miss them both.

14. Likes justplainjudy, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My daughters and I love shopping together. My dearly departed mom was also part of our weekly shopping trips too. We were a team! The legacy lives on in my daughters and me. We enjoy shopping for clothes, shoes, handbags, jewelry and home decor/improvement.

16. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My weakness use to be jewelry. not expensive kind, but loved to go to Claires Boutique , the had inexpensive Jewelry, I loved that place because they use to have every color of Earrings you can imagine.. I loved to match my earings to my outfit. But when My DD got her ears pierced they seem to just dissappear. She would borrow them then lose them..

18. Likes justplainjudy, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a Claire's Boutique just a few minutes away from where we live. I love browsing in their store and buying items for my granddaughters there. I bought the cutest fur vest and house slippers there for one of them.

I went back to Homegoods yesterday and found THE fruit stand. I considered it the day before but I wanted to check Kirkland's. No fruit stands there! This fruit stand is perfect for the look I want in my kitchen! It's huge, so I'll need to buy more fruit to fill it!

20. Likes justplainjudy liked this post