Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to hear that. I know first hand how it feels to have your son so far away and such dangereous ground. Mine also just came back but i wont see him until the end of March.

2. Likes Landon, kitty jean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Carolv, I will gladly add you daughter to my prayers> I hope you get to hear from her often! My nephew is finally back state side, but I haven't heard about my three grandsons in a while. We hope to hear soon. Bless you and yours!!!!! Kitty jean

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to hear your son is back! I can only imagine the excitement you are feeling! As a mother, I have a sense of it...your son will always be your baby! Hooray, another serviceman is home safe!YAY!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

6. Likes dragondrummer, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, you asked if anyone had military in their family. My father had 34yrs Air Force. My grandfather and 2 uncles were Army and 1 uncle was Marine. My father's brother was Navy. I married Navy twice. My b-I-l Paul was Navy and then retired Air Force Reserves. My 2 brothers were Navy. My Cousin Bill was Air Force. My nephew Christian was Navy and my niece Ana was Air Force. My ex-b-I-l Dale was Navy. As you can see, I don't think my family even considered anything else but the military. I think we have a military gene in us. I know I cannot picture what my life would have been without the military. I am so glad I was born into a military family.--Jan

8. Likes dragondrummer, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mijaschoen View Post
    Happy to hear that. I know first hand how it feels to have your son so far away and such dangereous ground. Mine also just came back but i wont see him until the end of March.
    same here my son will be home at the end of march but just happy he is back on U.S. soil. I am glad your son is home too. Heck for all we know they were at the same place. but for now I am just happy he is home and safe 8 hrs away by car. we have talked 2 times and he seems very happy. and loving sleeping on a real bed. GOD BLESS THEM ALL
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

10. Likes dragondrummer, Landon, kitty jean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband is a Viet Nam vet...and I am proud to be his wife.It is so nice to have people coming up to him and thanking him for his service...big change from when he came home. I am so proud to be an AMERICAN, and I too thank all of our Service Men and Women and the family and friends who support them everyday..if only with their Prayers.God Bless The USA

12. Likes skipandkatie, dragondrummer, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sitting here in tears. I believe that the families serve along with their Armed Forces members. Thank you all so much!

14. Likes dragondrummer, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have just retired after 20 years in the air force! I say we, though it was my hubby of course. many deployments, time apart and many moves. I am English, he is Samoan so we are a bit of an unlikely pair but it works!! he has just found employment and starts next monday so i will be here til our eldest graduates in may and then we will join him in Fort collins. Exciting that we are now on civvy street!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My father was in the Army and was a POW in Germany during WW2 and received the Purple Heart. My father-in-law was in the Navy for 30 years. I retired after 20 years in the Navy and am still in contact with the military daily by teaching courses to active duty and civil contractors.

17. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you and your loved ones for their service!

My son is in the Army reserves now for 7 years. He joined when he was only 17. I feel so bad for his wife and kids as he leaves a lot for extended periods. It is so hard on families with young children/babies

19. Likes kitty jean liked this post