Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am constantly amazed at the creativity of this group! Every time I come here I read about someone doing something I never thought of before. It's great!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, catdoll, I agree. Everyone here is very creative. I was planning on learning to knit, but there are so many things I want to crochet. I don't know if I'd have time to do both. I used to do cross stitch and enjoyed it very much. But you're right, it does take a lot of concentration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I started with the 6 inch square that Lili/Shirley sent in the bag that redhead/Patty painted (the hookers meeting bag). Anyways I crocheted around the 4 sides of the square and then knitted on 2 ends of the square (I knitted onto what I already had crocheted.)
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, my, until now I hadn't realized how many things I have done, or dabbled in. Starting in the 8th grade I learned sewing in school on a treadle machine. My Mother had an electric one at home. Then from 1948 on I sewed for our family (hubby and 2 children) and home. Still do, but am alone now except for grown daughter & her hubby and she sews, so not much to sew. Around '48 taught myself to knit, later to crochet w/thread then w/yarn, then thru the years there was embroidery, x-stitch, needlepoint, plastic canvas, macrame, basket of yarn over rope, ceramics, tatting w/shuttle. I want to find time to learn tat w/needle. Most of those years I was a stay-at-home wife/mom, but weren't we all! Guess that is about it for my handwork. Have taken up knit & crochet again the last few years, and now found this great Crochet Talk!
    Last edited by Jheri; 06-21-2015 at 01:49 PM.

6. Likes Jpdysart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I cross stitch, and I'm considering using a graph I have of a little kitty with a ball of yarn with a Tunisian square for my 12" square swap. I also use cross stitch with sewing. I don't really see the point in making a bunch of wall hangings, so I like to combine them with other projects. Crocheting & Other Needlework-image-jpg
    This is a sleeve I made for my laptop.
    The afghan I'm going to make with the squares from the square swap is going to be mixed, since I knit & crochet, and we have one person in the group who does not crochet. Also, I'm making duplicates of every square I send out to keep for myself. I'm hoping for a really big afghan.
    Last edited by Jpdysart; 06-23-2015 at 09:05 AM.