Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  67
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the black sheep I was the first off all the grandkids to have kids. My grandmother would have shot me lol of she was atill alive at the time. She also would have rubbed it in to my older cousins that I had to start the trend. I also started the boys( there was one male and in two generations of kids), now it's all boys and one poor lonely girl in the family. Hhhmmmm I also had kids at the youngest age aside from my mom who had me at 18( I was 21 when my oldest was born).

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure fit in this group, I never did messure up to my Mothers expectations, Got married at 15, was the first to divorce, what a scandal. The only divorce in the family.. Divorced at 24 remarried at 25. My family was always a Goody two shoes, and I enjoyed having fun.. So I never did fit in......

4. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was the black sheep of my family also because I was the one who spoke up and out about the abuse that was going on. My 2 older sisters just tucked tail and took it.

I love this cartoon, I think it is wonderful!!! And I am delighted to be here among more black sheep, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    It's very common that the least appreciate child often become the one siblings and aging parents depend on most. As long as you are happy without yourself, their opinions are of little consequence.

7. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am the Black sheep of my family too! I was the only one that moved away when I got married! My sisters all live within 5 miles of each other now! And I am the only one that crochets, has my own business, and is actually doing something with my life! I have the first greatgrandchild and the only set of twins!! I love my family dearly, but I am so glad I moved away!!

9. Likes amanda, Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, back in my day, it wasn't called abuse....(funny cuz if it walks like a duck...), and it wasn't discussed among siblings nor outside the family. I am still the least appreciated but the one who my parents used to depend on....again, I contributed because I allowed myself to be a pawn....now, I didn't know how to change this for 'years', but once I did....stuff hit the fan; I still get the 'jabs' every once in a while; but I just look at the sources and move on....

11. Likes amanda, Landon, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that I have the privilidge(sp??) to decide HOW I want to respond to events and everything that comes my way was a huge eyeopener for me. I didn't learn that for many many years and I had already pulled myself out of the abuse equation that was happening in my family. I am learning now by working on developing better coping skills and I just love it! I get to be myself and I don't have anywhere the amount of pain and anger I carried around for so many years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me... A black sheep. Never. Um, maybe a bit. Alright as black as the ace of spades. ha ha
    Yes. Am also like Anaisa. I am also in the guilt-pushing family. I have my own family now and raise my teen children not to feel so bad when they make errs. But to accept them as life changing experiences. We are only human after all. I have also discussed the reality of the word honesty with them. Which has somewhat backfired. As they are always telling me the truth. Sometimes hard to hear. Ha ha

14. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    To my mother I was the black sheep or the one she didn' want after I was born not a boy I guess. My dad and my husband and 4 boys plus my sons fiance' and my new baby grandson are the only family that matters. Growin up it was my mom and her beloved sons role to make my life miserable. Everything hit the fan when I told my dad what I went through with them. She makes my family feel as bad as possible. We all get shirts bassicaly or nothing, My brother his x wife new girlfriend are all there and there kids get everything or anything they want.
    Last edited by amanda; 01-09-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. My husband was he black sheep. So Was I. We were the ones who spoke up about abuse. Dan about the physical,me about the verbal. Both fathers alcoholics. But you didn;t talk about it back in the 60's. And his mother was a "good Catholic". You stayed with with that man no matter what. "I stayed with him for your sake." Baloney. Well, we broke the cycle. His older brother is just like his father so we don't see him. You make out of it what you want. We didn't want that. That's why we have laughter in our lives. We've worked hard like you have. I think that's why we all get allong and enjoy this site so much. We enjoy our crocheting and our laughter along with it. They go together. When I frog it (Ilove that term), I laugh at myself cuz I can't figure out how I got that far along without noticing that I was goofing up. LOL.