Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    It just clicked off the message I had written. UGH!! it is 4:10 and we got up at 3:15. Don't know why but here I am looking for friends that are up too. Working on a cap that I made bigger than the pattern and it may be too big. Oh well, I can make another.

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a hat way to big one time maybe more, you can fix it turn the hat inside out and make a few decreases in it. Although it probably wouldn't work for all. I did it with a couple of beanies and my first gumdrop hat. It's an idea instead of takin it all out or it being to big.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is everyone feelin? It is 445am and i am goin to try and go back to bed! Have a good mornin, afternoon, evening, wherever you are! GOOD NIGHT MORNING!

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterfly Rose, I think you are great for donating. Dan (my BIG kid) & I donate our stuff to our Community Care group in our City (North Ridgeville, Ohio, near Cleveland). They give to the families in our city. Our daughter usually has a garage sale once a year, and anything we have left over goes to the Battered Women's Shelter. Dan was battered child,and refused to have anything to do with his father later in life. So we can honestly say that people who mistreat animals do go on to mistreat people. Dan's mother says his father was not like that before he went to the Pacific in World War II. he came home from the war and spent time in a mental ward and from then on was an alcoholic and abused the entire family. So abused animals and families hold a special place in Dan's heart. He made peace with himself, and decided he would not left an animal or person suffer. He's not a saint, but he has his soft spot.All our cats are rescues. I truly believe they are put here to heal us. We have had special needs cats, and they are truly special. Pardon me while I get down off my soapbox. I think pets are like potato chips, when you get one, you can;t help but get another one! Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey y'all!! It's not night time, but I am just now reading this and decided to say 'hey'. I, too, suffer with insomnia, but didn't know we had a thread where we could just chit chat. Since I'm up so much during the night, I always keep my Facebook open, just in case one of my friends happens to be up, as well. I'm not currently working on a project, but hope to start one by the end of this week. Or, at the very least, I'd like to try out some new stitches I found on Pinterest the other day. There were several I hadn't heard the names of before, so I think I'll just sit down and work some of them up. Could be that I've done them before, just know them by a different name. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and will have a new year blessed with sunshine and rainbows!!!

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judy, you and your family are doing great works also. You are blessed to have such a giving heart. As you bless others, God blesses you. My younger daughter has a rescue puppy who lives with us. Daughter needs fencing for her property, so puppy lives here. We were told she lived with the homeless people;my daughter got her when she was 6 weeks old. She's 3 years old now, very gentle, yet very protective of our family. We love her so much! I also donate to a charity for animals. Animals are blessings in our lives.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

10. Likes Carolyn1953, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy, drop in anytime during the nite hours. There's usually someone or a few people to chit-chat with. Occasionally, chatting happens during the daylite here too! Glad you stopped by today!

12. Likes KathyFuller, Carolyn1953 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    Judy, you and your family are doing great works also. You are blessed to have such a giving heart. As you bless others, God blesses you. My younger daughter has a rescue puppy who lives with us. Daughter needs fencing for her property, so puppy lives here. We were told she lived with the homeless people;my daughter got her when she was 6 weeks old. She's 3 years old now, very gentle, yet very protective of our family. We love her so much! I also donate to a charity for animals. Animals are blessings in our lives.
    Butterflyrose, I hope the weather where you live in Texas is a little warmer that will help your husband feel better. All my animals are rescue, a lab, a pug and a striped kitty, all unwanted but loved here at my house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose, thank you very much! Dan & I try. I hope your husband is on the mend and feels better very soon. It's amazing how much animals help in healing us. Our younger daughter and us spayed and neutered about 20 cats and adopted about half of them.We did this in cahoots with Love-a-Stray, and organization which helps do cheaper fixing of cats and dogs. The girl scouts also fixed some of the cats in conjunction with a local vet. So now our neighborhood has few feral kittens. Most have all been fixed and adopted. Our daughter was a foster parent for dogs until she started working 3 jobs & became too attached to the dogs and had to quit doing that. Her cats began to think they were dogs & vice versa. Seriously, it was a different job for her. That took 2 years to accomplish. The animals do help us.
    Kathy, I like your thought of a new year filled with sunshine and rainbows. It makes for a year of smiles. I hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2013. I hope I can accomplish half as much crocheting as twinfaye this year. That's my hope for the new year!!!!!! Judy Smiles, hugs & laughter for everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Colesmom and Judy,

Thank You for the well wishes for my hubby. I just arrived home from visiting him. He's doing quite well. My older daughter and I took him dinner and dessert, emergency snacks and fresh fruit, brought him a suitcase full of freshly laundered clothes, a new table napkin for his lamp table and all the love he deserves. Oh, I'll be so glad when he's home!

Ladies, the love and devotion that you show the precious animals is not going unnoticed. God bless you both.

16. Likes Carolyn1953 liked this post