Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    So Lorwil how dose the point system work or do you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the tips! These are some wonderful sites and I will work my way through all of them. I actually loved that freezer cooking recipes for the crock pot page. I do use my crock pot quite a bit. It's a real life saver.

Post Thanks / Like
    While reading the lasagne crock pot recipe, I think I just drooled in my lap.....yum yum

4. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cake crock pot recipe and asking about a pork recipe

I was surfing for a dish a few weeks ago and ran upon "all recipes daily dish" and found a recipe for crock pot cake. I am dying to try that one. Also, this woman I let stay with me and my children a few years ago made this dish, I want to describe it as best I can and see if any of you may know where I might find the recipe. She used pork and cabbage for sure. I cannot for the life of me remember the rest of what she put in it. There seems like she used tomatoes and it was layered. I know that is not much to go on, but if anyone thinks it sounds remotely like something you know about, please drop me a post.
    Thanks to all

I need to make a correction on the website I typed in. It is not "all recipes daily dish" it is "allrecipes.com"

There was one more thing I remembered today about the recipe I was looking for. I recalled that the ingredients she put in the pot was layered. It went like a layer of meat, a layer of cabbage, and so forth. I just cannot remember what all was in it. I know it was a real simple recipe, I just cannot remember the other things in it. Also, it may have went into the oven instead of the crock pot. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I am suffering from "CRS", and it is a bad case of it....lol
    Last edited by erinandalexmom; 03-30-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: want to add more info I remember about the recipe I am looking for

Post Thanks / Like
    Many years back I had a pressure cooker and I loved it. Everything cooked so fast and the meats were cooked through and through and was so juicy and tender. I loved the way it cooked corned beef and pot roast. I would come home from work and put up a whole supper in it and it would cook up in the same time it would to broil a steak. Years later I received a crock pot as a gift and I used it a few times. I preferred the pressure cooker but I couldn't get the sealing rings for them any more so I had to discard it. I gave my crock pot to my daughter in law.

Post Thanks / Like
    This one sounds similar: Cabbage Goulash Recipe - Allrecipes.com

There are a lot of similar recipes at this site but I think this is pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erinandalexmom View Post
    I was surfing for a dish a few weeks ago and ran upon "all recipes daily dish" and found a recipe for crock pot cake. I am dying to try that one. Also, this woman I let stay with me and my children a few years ago made this dish, I want to describe it as best I can and see if any of you may know where I might find the recipe. She used pork and cabbage for sure. I cannot for the life of me remember the rest of what she put in it. There seems like she used tomatoes and it was layered. I know that is not much to go on, but if anyone thinks it sounds remotely like something you know about, please drop me a post.
    Thanks to all

I need to make a correction on the website I typed in. It is not "all recipes daily dish" it is "allrecipes.com"
    This one sounds similar: Cabbage Goulash Recipe - Allrecipes.com

There are a lot of similar recipes at this site but I think this is pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot in the fall is applesauce. You can add cinnamon or whatever you like. The house smells like baked apples all day. You can make big batches and can or freeze it. A double win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot in the fall is applesauce. You can add cinnamon or whatever you like. The house smells like baked apples all day. You can make big batches and can or freeze it. A double win.

MMM!! I have made applesauce in the stove...and I love to use my crockpot! Never thought to put the two together! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went to Sam's Club yesterday and bought myself a brand new crock pot. It is programmable and switches automatically to warm when the programmed number of hours have gone by. It also came with a small 1 quart crock pot for making a side dish in ! I can't wait to try them out. It was such a good deal at $40!