Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, I am so happy you are getting a chance to see a happy family and how it is possible to love everyone with their quirks and strengths. My family is a loving famiily we have strange members but we try to understand and love around the behaviors. I wish you could come see us Christmas Eve and morning to see us laugh and cry and just have a ball. Kaye and I are so close and we have always loved each other's kids. There is teasing and sometimes some one will get their feelings hurt but we get over it. We are not perfect in any sense of the word but there is love all around.

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course. Now if you're really a die hard and crafty Racheal Ray had this guy on today with tips to recyle cards as gift tags, use calendars for wrapping paper, or decorate plain paper with that new colored tape. Then the View had similar tips on there.

Landon, I hope you have a great Christmas, you deserve it. About the hats, I made one for my nephew last year, (he is really big and has a big head), so I made it big. But he didn't want a slouchy hat, and he wears them tight so he wasn't thrilled. I told him I'd make it smaller but he kept it. Anyway, this year he sent me a text saying he wanted one of those hats with the beards that are popular this year. I told him to bring me the hat and I'd add it.

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see that too, I bet it is a wonderful experience. You are very fortunate to have the family that you have. I hope to one day have a little family of my very own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Joy, I appreciate your kind words!

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon!! You sound just like a kid waiting for Santa to come!! I am sooo glad that things have turned around for you and you can actually act like a kid this year!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall so I could watch all the fun! I have been very fortunate to have the life that I've had!! I can't imagine what you life was like!! But lets not dwell on that! Today you are happy- and that's the most important thing!! Hope this is the best Christmas you have had!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, I was trying to cope with the Holidays on no anti-depressants and I was really raw but I managed to keep it together and my dear friend Debbie gave me as much as she could from what she got in the game we played. I arrived at those parties last year empty handed which I will not repeat this year. I will be bearing handmade gifts made of what I do best, I will bring my fair share of snacks and I already have a big smile on my face just thinking about this kind and really Christian( she is a devout Catholic) lady who has opened up her family to me. Believe me when I say that I am so grateful for these folks and if I can be a fraction of a friend to them as they are to me, I will be pleased.

9. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas, what I've been known to to is only wrap the tops of the boxes ans use them from year to year.My Mother keeps all of the wrapping paper, bows, bags and I just reuse them. A Merry Christmas to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    IKEEP BOXES& gift bags only.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep boxes different type of containers for all sorts of reasons i crochet over them and make pencil holders last year i made apple pencil holders they had leaves on them i crocheted over some boxes to put gifts in. My hubby always asks why are you saving those i always have some idea whether i use them to crochet over or just for the purpose of gift giving or storage