Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotton--Good to hear you and the afghan stitch are happy together ;-)

Bev--I agree with Cotton and don't think you 'll have any problem learning to blog because blogging is just about writing about what you know, networking with other bloggers, getting an audience by promoting, and then, if you want to make any money at it, monetizing it. If you want any help finding a free blogging site, I can give you a few pointers there as I belong to several.

2. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    little late here... I live in BC, Canada. Hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by taral View Post
    little late here... I live in BC, Canada. Hello!
    Hello taral,

It is nice to meet you! I am glad you joined us! We have several members from Canada. What are some of your favorite projects to work on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome taral.....I live in Alberta,Canada.....hello to you what sort of things do u crochet I would love to hear all about it. I am sure u will enjoy crochettalk I know I do.

6. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello I'm from massachusetts,and i am 57 years old. Crocheting is good for me because I have a bad back and don't get out much so it keeps me busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi memabuttercup!

Glad to have you and glad you are able to use crocheting to keep you busy. Crocheting is a very productive hobby ---much better than some of the other things we could be doing with our time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Taral and Memabuttercup, glad that you are on crochet talk and hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Let us know what you are working on. To Patti & Theresa: HELP - I am totally confused with the afghan (tunisian) stitch. I was looking for patterns but it seemed like everything I saw was just plain crocheting to me. Where have I gone wrong in my thinking? And when I am doing the afghan stitch do I do dc, hdc etc. on the afghan needle or what? As you can see I have wandered astray. Thanks to anybody that can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good video on the aghan stitch
    Part 1

Part 2

So no, I would not call it doing a dc or hdc --more like a sc after you have wrapped your yarn around. Taking it off you go through two loops but I wouldn't call that a dc.

As for to looking for patterns--do the patterns say they use the afghan stitch? The pattern is a very solid one that could be mistaken for either crochet or knitting.

Not sure what you're asking, ;-) Have I answered your question?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a picture of a finished afghan stitch
    Attached Images Attached Images Check in your LOCATIONS! Where in the WORLD are YOU?-afghan-stitch-jpg 

12. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti, like I say the patterns all look like regular crochet and yes they do say afghan or tunisian patterns. I did tunisian stitch the little pin cushion and that made sense to me but looking for another pattern I can't seem find one. I guess I am confused and they say if you are confused you are learning. I can make the stitch but don't understand how I make anything other than that stitch. Do I make any sense at all?