Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I agree, Estee!
    That's why I say that's when I like to head for the hills where it's cooler. If not--the AC works, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti,
    One of the best parts of New England is the changing of the seasons. The foliage in Vermont in the fall is breathtaking. Maine and Rhode Island have the most beautiful quaint areas and wonderful beaches. New Hampshire has the mountains (Vermont as well) and I have the city life of Boston where I live, but Cape Cod is also beautiful, so I do think I have the best of all worlds sometimes since any one state is less than an hour from Boston. Makes it easy to try different areas in a weekend.
    The winters can be cold, but there is something so beautiful about the snow falling at night. We all complain about the shoveling, but all in all, I wouldn't trade it for areas where there is little or no snow. I agree that you can bundle up when you are cold, but humidity is not something I handle well at all...so I guess I am staying put.
    This is a strange winter this year. We haven't had any snow and the temperature has not really fallen below 40 which is very unusual. The ski areas are groaning, but most people I think are glad. One thing about living in the north is afghans are always welcome! Scarves, mittens anything warm make great Christmas gifts.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    hi! i,M A NEW MEMBER. wESTVILLE iLLINOIS. sMALL TOWN OF 3200.wIDOW OF 30 YRS NOW.mARRIED 17. lOST HIM TO CANCER. @ CHILDREN & 2 GRANDCHILDREN. jUST TURNED 75 2 DAYS AFTER cHRISTMAS, so think I am senior member. Learned to crochet when I was 9 but did nothing with it until about 5 yrs ago. Make simple afghans, 8 so far with 3 or 4 started. Making hats now for children. Donated to Santas anoymous this yr,41 of them, for their stoickings. Also tool 31 to the elementary school 1 st. over on Mom for kids not properly dressed for the weather. They were happy to see them. Made 150 6 in sqrs for an afghan project for cancer camps for children, called Share a square. 2nd yr for me. Don,t know if we will do it next yr or not. Just waiting to see. This is the 4th year & the lady that started it isn,t sure she can do any more. She putts most of them together herself.She,s a professional storyteller. So does this around jobs.I also help at a flowershopo down the st.& around the corner. Been doing that since highschool. Was head librarian for 15 yrs. also. Now retired. with bad knees & eyes getting worse. Long & boring aren,t I long winded too.I,m new at this computer stuff & have no blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I think it's very interesting and heartwarming ladybug to hear what all you do! Yours (and my) age may make you and I senior members but until you post a certain number of times, your profile (under your name on the left) will say junior member ;-)

So you need to get to posting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ladybug,

You have been one busy lady. Doesn't it make you feel good to be able to make things for others who really are in need of them.

One of my groups makes granny square lapghans. I don't like stitching blocks together myself, so I started making one large granny square, now I can donate them and not feel bad about them not being finished. I hate to have anyone else have to finish up my work.

I am also retired now, and I am glad to see more and more young people getting into crochet and knit. For so many years none of them were interested. There are several online and on youtube. I think it's wonderful.

Keep stitching girl, love to hear what you have been working on.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Ladybug. You and I are practically neighbors in terms of the folks in this forum. I am downstate from you near Marion, IL. What you have done is inspiring. I hope when I retire I am able to do half as much. Keep up the good work.

7. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mailing out my Share a square blocke next week for the final 50 afghans. Has anyone here heard of them. Hope to do more next year but depends if the lady that puts them together can round up some more helpers. She been doing this for 3 yrs now. 150 afghans. My 2nd yr. They are donated to cancer camps for children. They are called Camp Quality. This yrs goes to one near Chicago.Its a big job putting all 150 of those things together. I think she has about 10 people who help her but still needs more. She is a professional storyteller so has to work around her jobs & family stuff.Well must go. I,ve gotten cold. I forgot to turn my heatyer around when I sat down here. Its about 30 here. 13 last nite.My fingers are stuttering. Forgive me. more later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug,

I grew up in Illinois myself, I lived north west of Chicago near Elgin in a subdivision called Carpentersville. But I move to Va. shortly after high school and from there to North Carolina just below the Va/Nc border. I love the Illinois summers, but I sure can't take the winters any more. Our summers here are hot and humid, but I just stay in when it is to hot.

I had just recently heard of the Share a Square blocks. What a huge job it is to stitch all those blocks together. I only make the one block granny afghans any more, I sure hate to stitch them together, but I do love the afghans. I belong to two different crochet groups locally and we make different items to donate to our local hospitals and nursing homes. I makes you feel good knowing you are making something to give comfort to people who can use it.

Keep up the good work, and welcome again, nice to have you.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisensei View Post
    Hey dears! There are now TEN members in the forum! Yay! I have this feeling that this forum is going to grow and grow and grow! But the coolest part is that we are the original ten members of this forum. So wouldn't it be cool to get to know each other more? SO instead of hopping from thread to thread to figure out where everyone came from and all that.. I just want to open this thread to everyone here who would like to share which part of the planet are you from! So on this thread, if its ok with you, please share the following info:

1. Where are you from?
    2. How old are you? (You can be specific or as vague as giving us an age bracket.. hehe!)
    3. Do you have a personal blog or website about your craft?

If you don't feel comfortable sharing or answering some of the questions above, you don't have to answer it. This is just more of a "get to know you" kind of thread.

So let me start:
    1. I'm from the Philippines! (Am I the only asian here?)
    2. I'm 29 years old. (And still single. hihi. I think most of you have families already)
    3. Yes I have. It hasn't got anything to do with crocheting though. Its a fashion, beauty, and events blog. The link is on my signature.

Hope to get to know more of you lovely ladies out there.
    The Philippines, how cool = ) I assume you still live there?

Ok, I'm originally from New York (Long Island) but I live in South Georgia (Valdosta)
    I am Married and have that empty nest (except for the dogs and cats lol) I'm 57...and wow has that time gone fast!
    I haven't been crocheting a very long time. Never was interested in my younger days when my mom could have helped me to learn! She did knit, crochet, plastic canvas and so on. It sure would have been easier to learn it back then.
    I am on facebook and in the photos I do have pictures of things I have made, but other than that I have no other sites. Glad to be on here now. I am on Craftsy also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I am from Whitmore Lake, Michigan I am 44 Yrs old. I do not have a personal blog. I work full time, so on my spare time I crochet, I am single mom with two teenage kids, who keep me very busy. I am currently trying to find some camouflage yarn that is soft, to make a blanket for my boyfriend. Do you know what type would work for me?