Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 17 First 1234513 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I live in North Carolina, USA I live just below the Virginia/NC border. It is mostly an agricultural area here and my town is very small, but I like it this way now. Use to live in Virginia Beach and it's great but I like the quieter area. They grow a lot of cotton around here, which fascinated me when I first moved down here because I had never seen it growing. Peanuts are farmed a lot around here also along with soy beans.

I'm 62 years old, I have been crocheting for 40 some years. I have two kids, and six grand kids, two girls and four boys. I am retired now after dealing with breast cancer treatments 3 years ago, I am happy to say all went well there. But heads up to others, don't take Prempro unless you really need to. That is what my Dr. put me on when I turned 50 saying it was about that time. I didn't have any symptoms of needing it other then my age and it ended up giving me cancer. So now I don't take anything without great thought and research.

I do a lot of crocheting for local nursing homes and I enjoy that. I look after three of my grand kids and they keep me young at heart any way LoL.

I am enjoying getting to know all of you.
    Happy stitching,
    Judi G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi from Salt Lake City Utah USA! My name is Tonya I'm A young 54 and have crocheted since the age of 5 years old.
    I also knit. hope to hear from you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tonya!
    I understand the young 54 thing; I'm a young 60, lol! I'm from NE Arkansas. Glad to have you on the forum. S

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Nita, 50 years young, from Richmond, Virginia, USA. I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone
    I'm from Canada as everyone can see by my avitar. I live in a rural community also. Much the same as Judi. Love the quieter life now that I also am retired, sort of, do on line work, but have time for other things too. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I'm from Alberta Canada. I am married 42 years, am 61 and have 2 married daughters and 3 wonderful grand children. At present I am retired after working as a care giver for 26 years. I love to crochet and am now also starting to knit. I can not just sit, I will always have a project in hand. Love this forum. Hope you all have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Heide
    Its so great having you as a new forum member. I am from Canada also a little further east Ontario, on Lake Erie. I am also retired and can't sit still, so I am doing work online Which I really enjoy. I like crocheting and knitting and usually have something on the go. Right now I am trying to find the time to start baking for Christmas. Going to the Bulk food store on Saturday to buy the stuff I need. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Marge, from Philadelphia PA and moved to St Petersburg FL 20plus years ago. 4 children, 13 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. Love to crochet, knit and sew. Retired a year and a half ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marge,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you join! Look forward to hearing more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone!

I'm Valerie but everyone online knows me as Crochetgal. I'm in my mid 50s and am currently in the USA in the Desert Southwest. I've been crocheting since I was in grade school. Misty, sounds like you are very close to where I spent about 20 years.. I was in Kitchener/Waterloo!

As much as I loved the snowy winters, I wouldn't give up my life here in the desert at all. I've got the best of both worlds with the temperate winter climate but snow only a few hours away if I really want it.

I maintain my own online shop where I sell some of my crochet work and my yarns at crochetgal.etsy.com . I'm also a distributor for the yarns from Coats & Clark which include the Red Heart, TLC, Boutique, and Stitch Nation yarns and the threads from J&P Coats including Aunt Lydia's.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices