Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 11 of 17 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course the best thing to use an afghan stitch for is an afghan, ;-), but those do take a awhile

I have been thinking about making potholders or dish cloths out of that stitch. Here's a link to a dish cloth pattern:
    Faux Knit and Crochet Dishcloth Pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe this might help me. Thanks so much. Someday I will get straightened out or I will just stick with crocheting. Thanks again. Will be giving this link a long visit.

3. Likes Patti Hale liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Learning something new can be frustrating but it sure feels good when you get it right. If we were just going to keep doing the same old thing there would be no need for this forum!

Maybe someone else will happen along that can explain it better than me, but if not, keep asking questions till you get the right answers.

5. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The thread you told me about is very helpful. I am on it now doing the dishcloth and trying to learn new stitches and how to make them. You are right about learning. Everything gets exciting and frustrating, but I am hanging in there. Thanks again. You seem to be very smart in the crochet department.

7. Likes Patti Hale liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!
    I am until you get into something I don't know....but isn't that the case with everybody?
    Everybody is smart about something; I just happen to have experience with afghan stitches, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the messages & the tutorial of the afghan stitch as I haven't used it in a long time. It did take some time for me to realize it is now also called the tunisian stitch, which also brings to mind the crocodile stitch which back in late 40s & 50s was a ruffle stitch used on crocheted little girls clothing such as rompers, dresses & so on. Again thanks for your web site. Romi

Post Thanks / Like
    The tutorial is great. Thank Patti for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Romi!
    That's very sweet of you! I WISH this was my website, lol, since it's become very popular. But it has really helped me learn things that I would not have ever known. For example, I didn't know until recently that what I call the afghan stitch is also called the tunisian stitch.

You mentioned the crocodile stitch which I now see in a lot of patterns but have not learned yet --is it using this stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    My turn:
    I'm from montreal in canada. I'm 28 years old and just give birth 2 1/2 month ago of a little girl. I do not have webside or blog but I always post a picture of my crochet creation on my facebook so my friends and family can see them.
    I really love this forum!!!

13. Likes Barbara G., taral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Monika

Congratulations on your little girl! Now you'll have to start sharing with us too cause we LUV pictures. It's what keeps us all coming back.

15. Likes taral liked this post