Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs Revlon

What was your favorite Christmas present of all time??-img_0105-jpgWhat was your favorite Christmas present of all time??-img_0106-jpg
    I am posting the picture of Mrs Revlon doll. My grandmother crocheted the dress and she sewed a slip and pantalooms (sp?). She needs to be restrung, anybody know where to go for that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Being able to get together with the entire family. That to me is worth more than any store bought present.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pray that God will keep on blessing you Cybarra. I too have 3 sons but 2 of them are almost deaf since the old fashioned measles when the were very small. It certainly doesn't hold them back tho. The oldest reads lips but if you are behind him and say something he doesn't hear a word you say.

5. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few years back My Mother and I were talking about when My sister and I were in school, well My sister resented us being poor, and Mom ask me if I did.. I told her no but remember seeing kids with the 48 Box of Crayola, and how I thought they must be rich. We could only afford the 8 color Box but didnt resent not being able to affort the 48. Well that Christmas she bought a box of 48 Crayolas an wrapped it up.. When I opened it up she had attached a Note that said.. "Better Late than Never".. That was about 15 years ago and I still have that Box of colors and it sits on a shelf in the living room.. She has since passed away but I will always remember that Box..
    Last edited by MeerKat; 12-18-2012 at 09:21 PM.

7. Likes aporfirio, Butterflyrose, Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love everyone's stories. Thanks for sharing. My brother was into woodcutting. He made me a cutting board shaped like the state of Texas (what else) and there was a star over Beaumont where we lived at the time. 1986 says the date. I use that board everyday and think of him.

9. Likes Butterflyrose, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We do have precious memories don't we. All my grand-parents are gone and both my parents, my sister is gone too. So far my3 brothers are still here and seem to be in good health for their ages. my 3 sons are still going strong. The youngest is 51, middle one is 53 and the oldest is 55. I feel like I am blessed to have such good health as I have at 81! So far all my grandchildren are still here and so far we haven't lost any to illness or other reasons. I thank God everyday for his blessings on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best ever was the birth of my second son on Dec 17..I tell him he was my Christmas Angel. He is now 21 but was born slightly premature. I was blessed because even though he was about 8 weeks early he was fine. I had a difficult pregnancy and worried constantly hoping and praying he would be ok. Today he is still my angel..just a bigger version. I have 3 children and love them all dearly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad we have our memories to share. The kids today don't have any because everything deals with computers, cell phones and games. Imagination is gone for the kids today too. I remember as a kid going outside and playing until dark. And the parents yelling time to in, and me begging to play a little longer. I know this got off topic. But I felt like sharing this.

13. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When hubby and i decided to forfeit gifts for each other in order to give to another family in need. We realized the gift of giving to others was truely the best gift of all.
    mercy05