Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, honey, I am so sorry you had to experience that and I am glad she got fired!

Jane, join in any time!!

We do have a lot of fun, don't we? I just LOVE it!!! LOL

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry, Landon, I'll jump in when you least expect it. Probably shock you all when I do. I can be very bad sometimes. LOL
    Hugs, Jane

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very happy for you, Landon. The church you attended sounds a lot like my church.

6. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, that's good news to find a church that is a fit for you. My church has some loving and kind people too.

8. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad to hear that, butterflyrose!!

Thank you, Ginny, I am glad that you like your church too. Sure is nice to have a church like this one so close to home.

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i do love my church, too. it's way bigger that the one i grew up in (just under 5000 members) but there are so many groups and classes to join. there are both traditional and contemporary services on sunday, and they really have a wonderful program for young families. the kid's programs are excellent, too, and they are always having bible studies for every age and stage in life, at various times of the day and evening so more folks can attend. recently, they began a special focus for the men in the church. the music is awesome, both adult and kids, and there are handbell groups , several choirs, and just recently, an orchestra made up of 8th grade through adults. sure, there are cliques (i might be considered in the prayer shawl clique !) but missions are a priority, and they know how to care for folks (can you tell how much i love this church?) i think being a bit larger allows for more diversity. and we're in a generally republican bible belt area.
    Last edited by mamamiaow; 12-05-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a church I belonged to when I lived in St. Louis. They even had a singles group and we did a lot of fun outings and lots of great activities. The 2 Missionary trips I went on to Mexico as an Interpreter were while I attended there. I will never forget those trips, they were real eye openers!

14. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Landon,
    I didn't know you spoke Spanish that fluently (sp)! I think I saw on your profile that you speak Spanish but I kinda figured it was like the 2 years of French I took in high school. I made all A's but don't remember much.
    Two mission trips. That is so awesome!
    Hugs, Jane

16. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived in South America as a teenager from 1972ish to 1978. I went to high school there. That is where I learned to read, write and speak Spanish. I am rusty but I still have it. I talk to my cousins in Spanish, that helps.

18. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, you might be interested in a book from my "editor", Janet Elaine Smith, called "Rebel With A Cause". It is her autobiography from her 9 years as a missionary in Venzuela. She began her training when she was 14. She lives just 6 miles from me and she insists on editing my books before I release them to the public. I just gave her my most recent one on Tuesday. Her books are all listed at www.janetelainesmith.com - She has published 23 books and some of them made the "Best Sellers List."
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

20. Likes janie mae, Landon liked this post