Quote Originally Posted by Dsynr View Post
I simply wrote the word "Designer" phonetically because that screen name was already taken and I didn't want to add numbers.
I am a Patternmaker who became unemployed and had to change professions and take a pay cut in the bargain because the Congress allowed the fashion houses to take the work to foreign countries without an import penalty, putting thousands of skilled workers out of a job!
I'm sorry they outsourced your job. U don't even want to get me started with the crap the gov't. does that puts us out of work. Anyway, nice to meet you. I've been doing some of my own designs, but am nervous about doing adult clothes without a pattern I can start with. I heard it's a good idea to have a sewing pattern to help you when designing your own. I didn't really see what I wanted in the stores, and they were kind of expensive since I'm not even going to make all the clothes. I was wondering if you had any simple, basic patterns that might be helpful. Of course I'd pay you, and the postage. For instance, I want to do some crocehted cami's. You can do a private email if you'd prefer. I appreciate any insight you could offer me. Thanks. Joy