Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  210
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is strange and convuluted, so try to keep up! Way back before Katrina, my husband got hurt at work and had to retire very early. To get out of the house, he started hanging around a bunch of retired guys at the boat launch. He would bring me to work, so when it was time to pick me up they would say, It's time to pick up the canary. That came from the coal mines. A canary was taken into the mines every day. When the man responsible for it, couldn't go down, someone else would take the poor canary. It never got days off or got to "retire", it just worked until it died. From old age or from the bad gas and it sang it's little heart out anyway. So, they started calling me Canary, some sarcasm and some admiration. The 68 is a little risque', I added it because I felt that as the canary, I was getting the short end. So the number I added would get me a little back.

2. Likes Val, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My screen name is not a word but the first initials of my husband , me and 3 of my 5 children and the last letter is the first initial of my last name...If I could change it I would and I would put jcrsgmsa. I just started using jcrsga before I had my twins and I got used to typing that one. I really wish I could change it...

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this was a very cool question. It's interesting how people come up with their screen names. The only one I use my real name or email name is on the crochet sites. For some reason it sounded better. Any other site it's moonshadow09 and I have no idea where that came from. Questions like this are fun. Want more and more but have no imagination so I will be looking
    Much Love and Peace
    Karen

6. Likes AuntyD, BarbySue liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my 1st name is Jane, but when I was little, "Jamie Mae" was a pet name or a name used with a raised voice when I was in trouble. This has always been used by family only. When I tried to find something with Jane, everything was being used, so I decided I'd use my childhood name, good or bad. That's it. My last name with Jane sounds like an alias. There were 3 of us at my doctor, so they resorted to birthdays. I didn't dare try that.
    Jane

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this ideal too karen. I work like to hear from some of the men who crochet and how they got started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, grandmalane. It used to be that men either didn't crochet or didn't admit it. Now there are more and more and I would like to know how they got started too.

11. Likes grandmalane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 1/2 Irish and my late husband called me Irish. The jl stands for my first and middle name, Janice Lynne.

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TG was our Border Collie. She was a 14-wk old stray that came to our house on a Thanksgiving Day. Thus her name was TG. I was her dad. 2+2=4.

15. Likes Butterflyrose, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGsDad View Post
    TG was our Border Collie. She was a 14-wk old stray that came to our house on a Thanksgiving Day. Thus her name was TG. I was her dad. 2+2=4.
    wow! I like that. I was born and raised in sheboygan,wi and we always liked lassie's. so does tjsdad crochet

Post Thanks / Like

Yes TGsDad crochets

Yup for 8+ years - since my mother died. She was months short of 90. She crocheted over 370 pairs of mittens annually. Our kids said, "Who's going to make us mittens? We always got mittens from Grandma." I replied, "My aunts taught me to knit before I was a teenager, so I suppose I could learn to crochet." I picked up a copy of "Knitting and Crocheting for Idiots" and here I am. I have even improved on Mom's pattern. Here's an idea: I weigh completed mittens in grams on a postage scale. Then I record the weights for each of the different mitten sizes. Now I weigh left over yarn and know beforehand what size mitten I can make with that amount of yarn.