Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  210
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barby Sue,
    I totally agree with you. It sounds corny, but people need to learn to stop & smell the roses. Otherwise all they will ever smell is the "poop" of life. I heard last night that the 2nd NFL player from the same team has died in a murder/suicide situation since their traing camps started this year. This one left a very small child with no parents. These are the people who have money & we all believe they should be happy. Well, I guess we see money doesn't guarantee happiness. We either have to learn to appreciate all our blessings, big & small or we can become so unhappy like this that we do not want to live. Even with my pain, life is just too good to think of ending it. Getting off my soapbox now,
    Hugs, Jane

2. Likes AuntyD, dragondrummer, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, preaching to the choir!! lol Got to get off here and back to afghan. If anyone needs my help (haha) I'll be back on tonight. Good crocheting to all.

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had to deal with depression so many years! I can feel where you are coming from, Barby Sue. Went to a counselor for 3 years.Did me good. Loved her to death. Great lady. Helped me through a rough time. God luv ya, girl. My kitties have had soaked fur many nights. Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 12-02-2012 at 10:04 PM.

6. Likes dragondrummer, janie mae, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    I have to add my two cents. I had a mental breakdown about 4 years ago. In recovering we have found pleasures in simple things. Playing with the puppies and kitties at pet stores or at the animal shelters. Watching a movie we have seen a 100 times just so we can see our favorite part again. Taking a walk down that certain street just so you can see the neighbors flowers. I know it all sounds silly, but these are the things that I learned to take joy in after my breakdown. To this day we still get down to the basics when one of us is over stressed. Living simple, and as stress free as possible has made our lives so much more happy.
    Amen. BarbySue. can't agree with you more. i did not have any breakdown per say. but it was very difficult at time when too many people (all relative which you have no choice to select) on demanded here and there. this and that......I was lucky don't get any breakdown?
    Ivy

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

8. Likes janie mae, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just realized this thread has over 120 replies....closing thread. If you would like to create a second thread for this topic, please do. Thank you!