Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Do You Cook?

Post Thanks / Like

Cookies? for tomorrow's Amberg Museum bake sale

Here's what I've been putting together for tomorrow's Amberg (Wisconsin) Museum Bake Sale. Found this idea on facebook from "A Mouthful of Deliciousness". It is a mini-Milky Way with a Teddy Graham inside on candy cane runners. It is "glued" together with melted chocolate. Extremely easy to make. Wonder if they will throw them out because they do not fit the description of a "Bake Sale"??? (You will probably have to click on the photo to enlarge it.) We are tour guides for the museum. Call if you will be in the area and I'll give you a tour even if the museum is not open when you are here. You can see it at Amberg Historical Museum
    Do You Cook?-img_3809-jpg
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

Post Thanks / Like
    So cute!! I did something similar as a favor for a Christmas party but yours is cuter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this idea! So cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't cook alot, it is just my husband and myself. We have a freezer 3/4 of the way full with venison. We do hambger helper
    with that, I also do the Bertolli meals for 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooking

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    I really like to cook! It is my latest hobby. My hubby is truly enjoying my homecooked meals and so am I! Many times, my hubby makes special requests and I get joy in making his wish come true. I take great pride in my "rediscovered and improved" cooking skills and the compliments I receive from my hubby.

Here's our dinner menu for today:

eye of round steak
    mashed potatoes w/brown gravy
    seasoned sweet peas
    mashed sweet potatoes
    Texas toast w/real garlic aka garlic toast
    cranberry juice/cherry vanilla Pepsi

Do you enjoy cooking and what have you cooked recently?
    Yes I love to cook! The gas stove is not safe to use so it is crock pot and microwave for cooking. I can brown meats in the microwave and cook every thing else in the crockpot
    I have made brownies in the crockpot. It just takes a little planing and prep time but have had every thing come out great. Just miss baking. I do have a friend that I can call and ask if I can use her kitchen. Then share with her what I made. She loves what I make. I make sure that she can feed her family plus mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to cook but working all day doesn't give one enough time to really 'cook', so I do my experiments on the weekends. Hubby and I like to make big batches of chili and hamburg soup (sounds ho-hum but it is sooooo good), then eat it that night and freeze the rest into individual servings. I have several websites that I visit to find new things to make. When one gets older, and you eat less, food is something to look forward to... LOL

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    I love to cook but working all day doesn't give one enough time to really 'cook', so I do my experiments on the weekends. Hubby and I like to make big batches of chili and hamburg soup (sounds ho-hum but it is sooooo good), then eat it that night and freeze the rest into individual servings. I have several websites that I visit to find new things to make. When one gets older, and you eat less, food is something to look forward to... LOL
    Nothing ho-hum about your meals...sounds like good comfort food to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonite was a super easy meal of hamburger steak/onions, fresh spinach and sweet peas. It was a tasty meal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    I really like to cook! It is my latest hobby. My hubby is truly enjoying my homecooked meals and so am I! Many times, my hubby makes special requests and I get joy in making his wish come true. I take great pride in my "rediscovered and improved" cooking skills and the compliments I receive from my hubby.

Here's our dinner menu for today:

eye of round steak
    mashed potatoes w/brown gravy
    seasoned sweet peas
    mashed sweet potatoes
    Texas toast w/real garlic aka garlic toast
    cranberry juice/cherry vanilla Pepsi

Do you enjoy cooking and what have you cooked recently?
    I love to cook. Made crockpot cheesy chicken and potatoes today.New recipe. Almost supper time. Hope it tastes as good as it smells!