Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than crochet and knit, I like to read, work crossword and sudoku puzzles, train my fur babies for obedience and agility, cook, garden, study (any subject that catches my attention), walk, bike, weight train, swim, spend time with my DH, keep up with friends...Being retired gives me lots of spare time to fill and I try very hard to fill it!

2. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh to be retired and able to of all those things whenever I wanted! DragonDrummer, I am a little bit jealous! Hopefully someday. We are working towards that and it's not too far off.

Post Thanks / Like
    You all just made me want a nap. LOL I just love all of the pictures in you name space. The mouse wow. I to do alot at times. I can't seem to get going right now. But I will!
    Good crafting
    Billie

RenJac1301
    In my spare time I crochet,garden,bake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh does drinking coffee count as a hobby??? Lol If so iris one of mine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Oh to be retired and able to of all those things whenever I wanted! DragonDrummer, I am a little bit jealous! Hopefully someday. We are working towards that and it's not too far off.
    Sometimes retirement is fun and other times it can get boring, Theresa L. Big tip: stay healthy - endless hours spent in doctors' offices are very definitely boring. :-{

Post Thanks / Like
    It's obvious that we love our hobbies Ladies! Mine are gardening, "novice" cooking, interior decorating, reading, blogging, penpalling, entertaining & hosting family & friends, shopping, cardmaking and of course crocheting!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 10-28-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh DragonDrummer - I can imagine. I am fifty and having some health issues already. I am trying to get a handle on them before I get much older and it becomes impossible. Hopefully you are doing okay now.

Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    Sometimes retirement is fun and other times it can get boring, Theresa L. Big tip: stay healthy - endless hours spent in doctors' offices are very definitely boring. :-{

Post Thanks / Like
    TheresaL, thanks for your concern. At 63 things that were a minor inconvenience 20 or 30 years ago have suddenly become life threatening. Perfectly controlled diabetes suddenly spiralling out of control for no apparent reason causing major kidney issues just as an example. You are wise to try to get a handle on your health issues now. The older you get the harder it becomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Oh DragonDrummer - I can imagine. I am fifty and having some health issues already. I am trying to get a handle on them before I get much older and it becomes impossible. Hopefully you are doing okay now.

11. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    DragonDrummer - That does indeed sound serious. I will pray that you can get things back on track and swiftly. You have a good outlook though and they say that is half the battle. Thanks for the words of encouragement too.

Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    TheresaL, thanks for your concern. At 63 things that were a minor inconvenience 20 or 30 years ago have suddenly become life threatening. Perfectly controlled diabetes suddenly spiralling out of control for no apparent reason causing major kidney issues just as an example. You are wise to try to get a handle on your health issues now. The older you get the harder it becomes!

13. Likes Val liked this post