Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid Emma cat would rebell if I tried to move things around in the rooms!! After all these years things are where they fit the best anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am into all things Victorian.I love to antique shop and find little things to add. I try to do Christmas with a Victorian flair as well. I love the old time elegance and charm.

3. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa L how interesting..for a while there I too was interested in Victorian...I didn't use my dinning room at all...so I set it up w/ plates sets of four all victorian like...was pretty to look at but a pain to dust....now I'm kinda into the ol' rustic stuff...enjoy a western horse etc idea...Maryjane, I too would think that a kitty would flip w/ a change but my inlaws moved from a big house to a small one and one can see that cats more often than to eat now...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I live directly across the road from a natural park

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    Decorating my home is a favorite pasttime of mine. Now that it is autumn, I've changed the decor by adding accessories that agree with this pleasantly cool weather.

Autumn colored leaves, pumpkins made of ceramic, " crystal-coating" and papier mache, pumpkin-colored decorator pillows, wreaths and even a vase with autumn embossed leaves have made my home perfect for nesting!

Fabrics in autumn colors are layered on furniture and mantle which make for a cozy environment throughout the day and cool evenings. Throws in different textures that complement the fall theme are readily available. They await the meeting of one who wants the warmth!

Surprise!!! These autumn colors have been teamed with teal/turquoise for a soothing and welcoming look! Just an "owl's eyeview" of my home decorating!

What's your decorating style! Please share with us.
    all the fall colors show naturally through my windows so all I have to do is add an autumn colored candle or two plus all the pillows/throws that you mentioned. What is fun though is....I've got all glass front cupboards in my kitchen so I get some fake fall leaves and tuck them around the side of some mugs or under a stck of plates where no one expects to find them. Then add a cinnamon tea bag under the leaves and openinga the cupboard door becomes a fun event.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a creature of habit. Even on those rare occasions when we get a new piece of furniture, like a couch or bed, it goes in the same place the old one was. If I ever lost my sight, I'd be able to find my way around because nothing ever moves here! lol