Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. What trouble we can get outselves in eh? I will be praying for you. Pugsley says for you to get better too! Make sure you keep taking that adivan. They should have given me that last time. But they didn't beat me or anything last time I was an inpatient. LOL I was a good girl this last time. Enjoy your crocheting and quiet time and all will be well soon my friend, trust me. Betty
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    I have my yarn and my hooks thank God. I have already made a few wash clothes and am now attempting to make a santa hat. lol I tried making a beanie but i got frustated and unraveled it. Thanks ladies for the Puns and the laughter. It is keeping me sane. Love to you all.
    Erika

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, please let us know how you are. please

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Afternoon ladies. Hope this finds you all well and crocheting like mad women. lol Well i'm sorry i haven't checked in lately but i have been sleeping alot. They have me on xanex now which in turn makes me really sleepy. My anxiety has gotten worse and my depression seems to be getting the best of me. The latest is. The needle is in the same place (4 the last 4 days) In my right lower quadrant. The doctor says he is calling the surgeon to come talk to me but he still hasn't come. He told the doctor he didn't want to do surgery because its to risky. Well any surgery is risky. So i'm not sure what to do. They want me to wait for it to pass but it seems to me it's just gonna hang out. they need to do something and i really am not good with being a "BITCHY" patient. My nurses are telling me to become a bitchy patient and to get to the bottom of this. I agree but i just cant . Don't get me wrong i can be a Bitch, just ask my kids and husband. lol But it's different here. I can't just demand them to do something they truly don't wanna do. so for now I've just watch a lot of Law and Order and a lot of Criminal Minds. Repeats of course on A&E but they are my favorites. I've been doing some crocheting but i only have a limited color selection.
    I'm trying to stay positive and i know that GOD only gives me what he knows i can handle, and that there is some kind of lesson here, ( besides the obvious, don't stick sewing pins in your mouth) but its hard.
    Thank you ladies for the kind words and the up lifting messages. They truly help. I appreciate all that y'all
    do. Many blessings to you all.
    hugs
    Erika

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, if I was stuck in a hospital with a straight pin stuck in my intestines I would be depressed and anxious too! I love hospital nurses, they call it as they see it, LOL If you went home with the pin there...you don't mention pain...how would the pin be monitored? I would be worried about it puncturing something. I would want it out, if it were me. I agree, how do you demand surgery if the surgeon doesn't want to do it?

Can another surgeon weigh in?

Do they think you can go home with it there?
    Oh, honey!!! It has to be hard, I would be upset and bored stiff too! I just wish there was something I could do for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, let your husband be the bitch, if you have one that is, otherwise let a friend do the bitching for you or a sisiter or someone close to you. Hell, if I livied closer I'd be over there bitching for you honey. I'll do it by phone if you so choose. Just let me know.

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah!! Betty and I will call those doc's and tell them how it is!!!! You know we'd do it too!! We would be assertive and polite about it, but assertive!!

Betty, what a brilliant idea!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, thanks so much for the update. I have prayed for you and I don't understand their decision to wait this long. I want you to know that I was sewing today and I started to put the needle in my mouth while I cut the thread and I pulled it out fast. Did it one more time and I think I am cured. You may have saved more than woman with your test of patience.

9. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did I say I would be polite? I don't quite recall that word in my message. I've worked with doctors, and most times polite doesn't work at all!!!! Especially with surgeons. They're normally a pain in the petutty!!! If you know what I mean!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Yeah!! Betty and I will call those doc's and tell them how it is!!!! You know we'd do it too!! We would be assertive and polite about it, but assertive!!

Betty, what a brilliant idea!!

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guess what ladies.....I'M HOME.!!!!!!!! I met with the surgeon today. He explained to me that the only reason for surgery is if it hasn't passed my stomach. So i get it now. It is in my colon and i am to go have an x-ray every day for the next 4 days. I am to return to the hospital if their is pain, vomiting, etc. So i have to eat a high fiber diet and pass it in my own toilet. Thank the lord. My kids ran out of the house and hugged me like you would of thought i came back from the dead. They love me they really really love me. lol Well i will keep you all posted. Hopefully i can pass it soon and we can all relax. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.
    Hugs and smooches to you all. Next time Betty i will have you be Assertive. lol
    Much love
    Erika

14. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post