Long story...I own a dance school in a rural community, where a good number of the students are homeschooled. (I also homeschooled my 3 as well as my oldest daughter is homeschooling her 4) But anyway. We are a tight knit bunch, the parents are very supportive of our school. The students come from vast areas as we are the only dance school for about 30 miles. The population is not very high here, so the students are as family especially the homeschoolers.

I begin my Wednesdays at 7:00pm, it is the latest day I go in as my youngest daughter teaches from 2:30 until 7:00. I walked into the studio on Wednesday and in the waiting room I saw a group of dancers who were on an hour break (due to a class that was going on in the danceroom that they do not take) sitting on the floor in a circle.

So I walked over to them to say hello and one dancer who is 15 ( homeschooled) was teaching 5 other dancers (ages 11 to 16) how to crochet! She was teaching them how to chain and some were learning single crochet. She brought in all her own supplies, hooks of various sizes, balls of yarn, a hook chart, a book of stitches and other wonderful things!
Well I had introduced this dancer to crochet about 4 years ago at a sleepover party we were having at the studio. I was using crochet as an activity at the sleepover to wind them down....LOL. After that sleepover, she had asked her grandmother to help her learn to crochet.

Since the sleepover, she has brought in project after project to show me that she had made as well as her younger sister. They love amigurumi the best!

But to see the circle of dancers learning to crochet was so heartwarming, instead of seeing the usual sight of dancers waiting for their classes and viewing their phones! But the best part is that the dancers who were learning, are all so interested that they are all purchasing their own supplies and will be ready for another crochet lesson next Wednesday!