Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a vegan baker and sometimes when I transform a recipe from conventional to vegan we do have a problem. But so far these are doing good.

Well, how about that. I am in the process of doing the same thing. However, using the (unflavoured) coconut oil does not always work as well as butter. You have to compensate this way and that and then hope it comes out alright.

Maybe we just have to search for dedicated, original vegan baking recipes which (you hope) have been tested. This is not always the case.

"Earth Balance" makes a butter substitute specifically for baked goods, I hear, but it's a bit pricey for me. They are called "Vegan Buttery Sticks".

Regarding patterns, epatterns central is having a $1.00 sale and then their patterns will be "retired", ie, not available anymore.

Search Results - Page 1

2. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning MeToo!

I don't use Coconut oil unless it specifically asks for it. I use Earth Balance or Olive oil for shorting. Bottom line is...I don't like making deserts. I love eating them but I rather cook a dinner. LOL....I am glad I am that way thought, because it isn't often I get to eat sweets.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com