Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: I fell AGAIN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I am so sorry!! That looks so very painful! My prayers are with you dear. Take care an Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye..... My goodness you are a busy woman today. I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal soon and that the swelling goes down soon also. Sending you prayers. I actually giggled about this post for the simple fact that your not wanting to tell the EX that you'll be getting some of his ss. That was to funny. SS office is always fun. I love your comment "sorry A@#$"
    Well i hope you feel better. Keep your head up and know that this to shall pass. If you need us we are here for you. Much love twin
    Erika
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    It is still swollen but it has gone down so that walking is a lot easier. I have a dr appt today in Chattoonga (100miles) for a consultation to set up a colonoscopy soon. I have always had poylps that are benign but if you have them you have to be checked more often and I have screwed around and not had one for about 6 years. So got to do it. Then tomorrow I have to go to SS to take papers proving I married the EX and proof that I divorced his sorry a#$. I will start drawing off his SS next month. His alimony reduces by the amount I draw from his SS. He is going to have a fit when he finds out that I won't be getting that much more from him. He think I will get around $800 and they told me about $200. I will not tell him until I have to. So, I won't be on here until late this afternoon.

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch!~ Been there. Done that. I am still falling on my new knee, and probably alway will. Contrary to my doctor's insistence, the blessed thing locks up periodically, and down I go. Take it easy for awhile, and go slow. Bone does not recover as quickly as we'd like it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye. I have thought about you all weekend little did I know what happened. Im making a blanket I think you will like (better than spiderman). I will let you rest first. I hope you will be fine. You are in my thoughts always. Stay seated for awhile. LOL
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I want some sympathy and you ladies are all I have. I fell again today on the same knee I fell on 2 weeks ago. This time the knot was huge and it really, really doesn't feel good so I called Kaye (my twin) and we went to the ER. It is not broke and the knee replacement is still in place but there is a LOT of fluid on it called an effusion of the knee. I need to see my ortho dr to have it drained. YUCK!! She isn't available until next week so I'll just ice it and it will be fine in a day or so. I'll call the dr and see if I can be seen this coming week but I already have an appt on the 16th and that may be as soon as I can see her.Attachment 1380
    Och/That hurt, sorry to hear that you have to go through the pain when you no need. please don't walk by yourself anymore than you need, maybe get one of the hoveround chair? I see it commercial on tv all the time and they say you can get one free .....or borrow one to use until you are all heal well....

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, so sorry to hear of your fall. Please be careful and, like soneone else said, there must be a way to get you in sooner, I've had to surgeries on my left knee and the next one would be a total knee but, due to other health problems I don't think that will happen. Mine gives out on me every so often and locks up and all of that special stuff joints do. Does keeping it elevated as much as possible help at all. My prayers go out to you and feel better soon.
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, so sorry to hear you fell again. I have a 12 year old knee replacement that I have fallen on several times - terribly painful isn't it? I find it helpful to alternate ice and heat with effusion of the knee, at least that's what my ortho dr. told me to do. About 15 minutes of each. And of course, he keeps telling me to quit being such a klutz! LOL Hope you're feeling better again soon. Hugs. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thinking of you . Hope all is well. Sending you prayers for speedy recovery. Try to stay off of it.
    Have a great Day
    Erika

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are feeling better. Thought of you yesterday, my husband and I were going through an orintation for his 8th knee surgery. This time it is a total knee replacement. I remembered you had fallen and was wondering how you were getting along. Keep your chin up, I'll be thinking about you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness, I asked for sympathy and ya'll came through handsomely. Kaye took me to the ER and dropped me off and I didn't hear from anybody until around 8 or 9. So if I hadn't had ya'll I would have sat here feeling sorry for myself. My kids live to far away to help so I didn't even tell them until Monday night. My daughter calls every night on her way home from work. It is doing good. The swelling is almost gone it is sore to touch but nobody is touching it. lol Thanks so much!!

12. Likes Erika liked this post