Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: work grrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    I have lupus and not able to work a regular job-I'm a nurse! I started my own Craft business to fill in the time until my daughter had a baby! Now I still have the business and babysit for 2 grandchildren! I have to be very careful about taking pain meds because I am a former drug addict! I am very lucky that I have a lot of time to spend on this site and crochet!!

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane, I am a recovering alcoholic, I will have 5 years clean and sober this November 16th. I now take Amitriptyline and Tramadol for pain and as an anti-depressant, also for insomnia. I love the Amitriptaline, so far so good! I hear you, I am grateful for the time to work on my crafts and grateful for the disability money I get. I don't want to be retired, I want to work and be productive! I feel that I have something to offer others.

How old are your grandbabies? Do you get them every day? Is your daughter a nurse too?

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire you ladies....I hate the dopey feeling I have w/ the pain meds....'someone' told me to drink whiskey to help w/ the pain....my family, has a huge history w/ alcholisum...so I worry every time I have a drink....and I worry if I don't take something I will go INSANE w/ the cronic pain...once it spills over into the ear I snap and just can't do anything to get rid of it....can't lie down, can't sit up, talk, crochet nofin..sighs...Twinfaye I just might take you up on that offer...I had the surgery in 2005...I had the tumor growing 6 years prior w/o doc's help....the scar runs from under my chin to behind my ear....had to have it done twice....I'm not vain, I know I'm homely (don't tell my hubby I said that....lol) but the swelling w/ pain is what's bad...but to over come what you all have congrats you have my support.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've told my story before. I have been bipolar for over almost 40 years. I take medication and I will have to until I die because whenever I stopped the meds I attempted suicide so bring on the pills. I also have had both knees replaced and the right didn't work so I am hoping to get it redone this month. I have been on disability off and on for nearly 25 years. Landon, I tried to work and it messed up my life. I had to wait almost 2 years to get back on disability and I couldn't keep a job during that time. So think hard before trying to go off disability.

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will!! Believe me!! I have Fibromyalgia, that means an automatic grant of disability. I received my approval within weeks of applying in 2005. But, I will still be extremely careful about that decision cos it s really BIG one!! That is one of my goals, to be self-sufficient. I want that so badly, I can taste it. I will have my ducks in their proverbial row when I can make that phone call!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dental assistant

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kareng I did that for um; 8 months....the denist was on his last leg and just burnt out so as much as I liked the job he wasn't pleasent to work for....and then I developed and okc....hey twinfaye does one have to be at the doc's all the time inorder not to loose their disability?....just wondering if ya know....

Post Thanks / Like
    No, but a lot of disability is based on your age. When I first got disability I was 44 and they made me fill out this silly packet every 3 months to make sure I was still disabled. But at the new age, I think I was 51 or 52, they haven't asked me to do anything. So the younger you are the more difficult they make it. They have never monitored my dr appointments. so I would say no you don't have to go to the dr often to keep SS disability.

Post Thanks / Like
    OIC, I'm 42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon! I will be clean for 10 years on Nov 8!! I now take cymbalta and something for sleep! It helps out with my lupus too! My grandchildren are almost 4 and almost 2! I usually babysit 3 or 4 times a week! The other grandma takes turns with me! My daughter is an elementary reading teacher!! I'm not officially on disability, but Lupus is so unpredictable that I can keep a regular job!!

14. Likes Landon liked this post