Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    My electricity was off for 3 days and I used the gas fireplace to keep warm. I don't have a generator because I can't afford one. It is on my list of things I want but I don't know how or when I can afford one. Living on SS disability and alimony doesn't cover many more things than food and bills and now also yarn. So if you have a generator hanging around that you don't need I'll be glad to take it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did finally get some rain last night. It was desparately needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Generators are a bit expensive! And you have to run them every once in awhile to make sure they will work when you need it! That being said, my husband has a big disel engine in the sawmill that is used as a generator! But when the power is out for any length of time, he hooks it up to his Mom's house-she lives on the other side of the sawmill!! But I like a man who puts his Mom first! So we go next door and shower! And we muddle through!! Landon- did you have any damage from the storm?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, luckily for me, I had no damage at all. Just my lights went off about 3 times I think but they came back on in a few seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like a man that loves his Mama too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your situation sounds like it would challenge an optimistic spirit. What bugs you the most, lack of light or heat? Are you hooked up to propane?

Sorry, no generator. The ex got everything. Send me a private message so we can "talk".