Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain, I really do! My son had a hard time changing schools and unfortunately we changed him a lot. You may not remember but he has CP and was made fun of most of his life. I really tried to keep his spirits up with you can do anything if you don't give up. Autism is very different but not fitting in is a common trait. Good luck and I'll be praying for you and your son.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! I am blown away by how much you ladies love your children!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Faye!

Post Thanks / Like
    I read somewhere, that without change we wouldn't have butterflies....I try and show my daughter that change isn't always a stressful thing...it has a plus side too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Paige, my son had similar issues. We are in a a small town with few resources and the principal just wanted him out of the school and would suspend him for any little infraction of the rules rather than work with him. We took him out and homeschooled him, took him off the medicines. That was in 3rd grade. This year he returned to public school as a freshman, right on schedule and is excelling at his classes, a member of several clubs, going out for football and has tons of friends. What ever path you choose, you will make it work out of love for your son and in the end, it will all work out. Peace to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon I really wish that you could have experienced the love of a child. I know your Mother wasn't a good model but I think that you would have been wonderful. In all the things that have happened in my life the birth of my two kids is the most wonderful. I wasn't always the best Mother but I was the best I knew how to be and if I do say so myself I think they are wonderful adults and Marny is the best Mother and Grandmother. It is a love that transcends any other thing even when they are wrong or do something you wouldn't have them do. I stand behind my kids in every thing they do. Randy has an upstairs neighbor who has been beating his pit bull puppy and the guy is a rough type of person so Randy was hesitant to say anything but it happened one time to many and Randy went upstairs and threatened the man. He also told the apartment people and they gave the guy notice. None of this worked so Randy asked his friends to go with him to confront the man and demand that he give him the puppy. Haven't heard how it turned out but he has a lot of friends that would be there for him. Let you know what happens. He has CP but he is willing to stand up to a bully!! Makes a Mama proud!!!

7. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We went as saw the school yesterday and Jorden got to meet his new teachers and a few other staff members. He seems really excited!! There will be a total of six kids in the class including him, that will take a bit of getting used to as his current class have 44 kids and three teachers( that is how out "wonderful" school system wants to eventual have in all classrooms...). So he starts on Monday goes to the Doc on Tuesday(wooohoo no school lol) then back at it the rest of the week.. so we shall see how it goes.. The best thing I learned is that he will have a shorter day so instead of trying to make it to 3:30 he will be done by 2:45 and ( fingers crossed) home by 3..just in time to head out and pick up his brothers from school and get a chance to say hi to the teachers..

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck and we will be praying for him and you on Monday!!