Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job mothering!! We don't get told enough when we do good and too often when things don't work as we wanted. My son is 43 and he doesn't need me to fight his battles now but every now and then I want to take charge and make things happen the way we want but I step back and let him handle things. After all, I raised him to take care of himself so I have to let go sometimes. Mothering doesn't stop when they are grown it just changes.

2. Likes billiebob, nothingnowhere, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

Twinfaye I find it hard to step back too. But I know if I want him to learn and be independent that there are times I need to back off and let him figure it out on his own, and other times ( like stupid school staff members!!) that I need to be the biggest pain in the butt I can be lol.

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is great news....I support you; it is exhausting. Now that my daughter is 'grown' and has tried to live a life away from us and is back, I forgot just how exhausting it was/is! I am having a bit of trouble balancing my time....when I go too long w/o crocheting I get super cranky and realize I need to so a couple of stitches so that I can have my sanity back...more power to ya...if you need anything feel free to ask....

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes finding a balance is so hard! I feel it the most over school breaks.

I so appreciate finding other people who "get it"! Thank you very much for the support and ears( eyes!) lol. It means the world to me.

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a child in school in the in the late 70's with learning disabilities (SLD) was not easy. Not that many ways to help him. Everyone tried but were not especially trained in that area. Very big shortage of teachers with that training so only had help part time, not all day as needed. Had to pick up what I could and work with him at home and still work my job and take care of family. As he grew he kept getting better. As an adult finally learned to read. What a joy. It is all worth it in the end. Grew up to be a very sweet and loving husband and son. It sure was a hard road for him growing up and in school. Hope it is easier now for the children.

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is what makes it all worth it...when my dauther says mom, you never gave up on me when everyone else did....my heart overflowths....happy to hear lisamama that your son is doing well...

12. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    very glad to hear he is going well and same with your daughter Anaisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Short update my son will be strating into a new school on Monday. At least they will be addressing his issues instead of sending him home everyday. The flip side is a long hard weekend of him flipping out because it is another change and he doesn't handle any change well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tlhose first few days are hard for everyone. Some of us also have a hard time ecepting something new or different. But we survive. Little ones have a much harder time and don't quite understand why. Be patient and persistant. Hope all goes well and don't give up. In the end it is worth it. Mom's love goes a long way. Hang in there girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, the hard part is trying to explain to him why he has to go to a different school. Thankfully one of his teachers helped me out with that part. Nobody wants him to feel like they don't want him.