Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    They sujested a " special class" for him where basicly the rules areait down shut up and do the work. I said no way as he can do it he just needs help and pushed a bit to do it. And if he says I need a break give him one md come back to the tasks few minuets later. Doesn't always work with him but sure beats butting heads with him!

Barbara That's awesome that you are able to teach him at home. Sometimes i think it would be easier to do that then deal with all the bs. But on the other hand dealing with it 24/7 would get exhausting. I have a hard enough time getting him to practice spelling words lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    You ladies are far more special than I realized. I am grateful to be here among you. It really warms my heart to see how you talk about your children. I didn't get to grow up n a loving home, seeing maternal love firsthand is a real treat for me.

Rock ON, Ladies!!!

3. Likes nothingnowhere, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless all of you!! I thinks all of you who are raising children with special abilities (I prefer this term , don't like the words special needs!) should be sainted! God has given you these children because he knows you can handle it! I was fortunate that my children only needed help in some small areas! And do so admire all of you!!

5. Likes BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On the way home from the hospital the day he was diagnosed with CP (he was 2 before we got the right diagnosis) I kept saying "God why me?" and God answered "why not you?" That is the way I lived with it. For some reason God wanted me and my son to walk this path. He has been such an inspiration to all that know him. He does stand-up comedy, DJs, emcees and lives alone completly independent.

7. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For some the " why me's" get them down. For me it was " ok bring it" my stubbornness reallykicked it in lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye he is very busy!!!

My goal for my son is to be able to stay at school so I can get back out and work. I love bein home with them but hate being on social assistance. I feel like a bum lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    NO, you have to understand that your child deserves everything in life and if God gives you the chance to get assistance then that is His way of telling you to accept the help! My son can't hold down a job and lives in section 8 housing (for the ordinary people the rent is partially paid by the government). This is the only way he could live by himself. If you are not using a benefit illlegaly then it is due your child. There has to be some perks for being "special" other than a good parking space! lol So if your child needs a service and it is offered by our government then go get it and just say thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothingnowhere DO NOT feel that way! I didn't take the advantage and sure wish I did. My sons special needs put a real hurt on us. Thank God I had insurance.
    I see sooo many parents who don't want there children to susced because they are sure they will lose there money. That is bad.
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news and bad news. Bad news is trying to get the school to work with my boy. They have refused to do anything to help. It has been like dealin with a brick wall.

The good news is he will be transferring schools in the next week or so. The new school is happy do to everyrhing needed to help him be successful in school. It is going to be sucha releif to be able to work together instead of fighting tooth and nail and not get anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so happy for you and your son!!! Im proud that you found the school.
    god bless you and yours

14. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post