Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Macrame

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Barbi, it is a very good idea since it only took me about fifteen minutes to make those but I guess it would take a little bit more or little bit less depending on the knots you choose. Once they will have the hang of it, they can make lots of bracelets and belts and so many more things.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    This brings back memories of making macrame jewelry years ago at Camp Fire Girls camp. It's hard to believe how long ago that was, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a big time macramer at one time--made lots and lots of pot hangers! Making a hammock would be a great idea! Appreciate the link and the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    This will show my age, but the only genuine macrame I've seen were the flower hangers my grandmother had, lol. I have a book published in 1959 about needlecrafts that has macrame in it. I've thought about trying it some time but never had a good pattern. I'll have to check out the link

Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    If your looking for patterns don't forget I have oodles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a lot of macrame as a teen, from earrings, to belts, purses and wallhangings. And yes it was the early seventies I also remember visiting my grandmother in Mississippi and finding purses she had made back in the 1920s.
    Yes crafts do come and go. But I am very impressed how many women (and men) have taken up the yarn arts (crocheting and knitting).
    And I do see a lot of teens with friendship bracelets in my neck of the woods (Northern California)- perhaps not the big macrame items but knotting nevertheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnmama,
    Yes, and I think that's great I would love to see this contue on for generations to come. Misty

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed macrame bracelets will be easy and quick to make...so go ahead give them a try. I still have not taken a picture yet...I always forget!! I even made bracelets out of crochet and it worked well...
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Love to see your bracelets, looking forward to it. Like to do something small and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use to make your bracelets? Do you use embroidery floss or some other kind of yarn?