Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks chefmomster2, I love the idea for the twist tie but what do you mean "the eye of the needle" are you referring to sewing instead of crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixpixlix View Post
    An easy stitch marker that almost every woman has is an earring. The pierced variety work really well as you just put the shaft through the stitch, put on the plastic holder, and your stitch is marked.
    Consistent stitch counting so that you know when you are SUPPOSED to be at the end of the row and careful attention to what the instructions for your project specify will also help avoid "wonky" edges.

A metal earring wire [U can get a package of a dozen or so cheaply from a hobby shop] or an old earring whose "partner" is missing in action works, too.

I've used a paper clip, safety pin, bobby pin or hairpin in a pinch.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 09-12-2012 at 05:11 AM.

3. Likes Val, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Thanks chefmomster2, I love the idea for the twist tie but what do you mean "the eye of the needle" are you referring to sewing instead of crocheting?
    Sorry for not being clear and thank you for your post.

Yes, it does refer to the large-eyed needles, such as darning needles, that one uses to sew seams. I run the twist tie through the "tunnel" (Mine has two open ends.) that a crochet hook goes into. Onto each end I thread a different sized needle. i fold over each end just to secure them. They stay safe and sound until I need them.

5. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation. I was really puzzled! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang a bobby pin [the kind with the rubber tips] on the FIRST stitch of the beginning chain and the LAST stitch of that chain. Do the Ch #, turn. Be sure to mark the FIRST and LAST stitches of every row thereafter. Smooth edges! A Master Crocheter I met on the commuter bus gave me that trick. Try it! It WORKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I do also, and how I was taught 3 months ago. I have the website booked marked because sometimes I have to go back to basics when I get confused. I just did that the other day, sat down with a j hook, some heavy yarn and just did a few rows to really look at my stitches. I especially have to go back there in between projects when I am changing stitch types. Because my first project was a dc and then I went to a sc, and for the life of me I couldn't remember where to stitch in after I turned, or when it told me to stitch into a stitch (after a space) where my stitch was!