Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Children

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know why NO! is their favorite word; it's because we, parents, say no to all the funny things they try to do My daughter is not yet a year and a half and she already says 'no, no, no, no, no!' lol. Sounds funny...she has a new thing now; she yells everytime we prevent her to do something maybe cause it's dangerous or something.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got three kids aged 8, 6 and 3. The littlest one use to love making noise so we put a bit of rice in the bottom of a plastic bottle and let him rattle it to his heart's content. It was his favourite toy! He also liked to "help" me with whatever I was doing, so putting stuff in the cart at the supermarket, loading and unloading the washing machine, weeding in the garden, clearing up toys. I also think it's quite important for kids to have some down time, they need to learn to be able to amuse themselves without constant input from Mum!

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is really busy all the time now! She already knows how to say 'No'. We'll see what will come next...on the 24th October she just turned one and a half
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like

Children

Hi Everyone
    Good to be back, been busy again. I think I should have had ten kids instead of 2, now they are all grown up and having grand kids of their own. I love babies best. I was with my daughter when she delivered her daughter. She had a natural birth, asked if I would stay with her and I did. It was the most wonderful moment in my life. She is now 24 years old, how times fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

It is amazing how fast they grow! One day they are babies, and the next day they are grown!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed children grow too fast!! I am enjoying every second, every minute I can spare to be with my daughter...she is a lovely little girl, a bit of a tomboy already but lovely!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats so true. Just discussin my granddaughter with my husband, and how scatterer brained she seems. I don't think I was like that, but then again I was married woth 2 little ones, so I guess that sort of gets you arganized. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't they all different, even twins. I have three grown children and each one had their own challenges for me. I did my best and now have no regrets. If I had it to do over, I'm sure I wouldn't change a thing. I just would have liked to freeze them when they were about 9 or 10. Teenage years come with their own challenges!!!!!!