Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Love hearing stories like yours Irishjl. I had forgotten that I taught a class of 12yr olds in a Vacation Bible School how to crochet. We made a ittle duster in the shape of a woman made out of yarn and we crocheted shawls for them. Doesn't decribe it well but they were cute. Had maybe 20 kids in class I ended up making 10-15 shawls. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    Fantastic, Barb!! There is nothing like the feeling of satisfaction in passing down a craft to a younger generation. I had the priviledge of being my daughter's girl scout leader for 2 years. The girls wanted to learn to crochet, so we spent about 2 months on learning the chain, sc, and double crochet. Their project was to make an owl towel holder for their former leader. We were able to present her with a pair of them for her kitchen at the presentation ceremonies they hold at the end of each year. Each girl had done a little bit of work on both of them. The look on her face was priceless!!! Quite a few of them have continued with crocheting. Hopefully, they will teach their children.
    Funny you mention girl scouts. I am the leader of our troop and the girls which were staying are girls in our troop. They seem very interested in learning more, so we may venture this way very soon! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any children, I have a cat and all he is interested in is sleeping, eating, napping on my lap while I crochet, playing with the yarn...I know you get the picture. It really warms my heart to read your accounts of how you are teaching others and your kids to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great Barb! Sounds like you may have a crochet partner soon! And your Girl Scout troup could do a project together!

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post