Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Whoa, that's crazy! You're an optimist, that's for sure!

Ashton

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Lili,
    I am Landon and am new here. How are you doing? Wow, you sound very active! I am sorry that you hurt yourself, but glad you are ok and mending. I hope you mend quickly!!

Happy Crocheting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, sorry to hear about the accident but there are hundreds of free patterns for baby blankets and everything else to go with a baby. Good luck and keep us informed and don't forget to add pictures of your projects. I like seeing the pictures the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Caro; this is the 3rd week.....I can't imagine 6 months like this. I go to the doc again next Wed. to see how the pins are aligned. I am trying to do a few things but then I am exhausted! I am still using the blood thinner twice per day and pressure stockings at night. Only Extra Strength Tylenol which helps with the arm pain from using the walker!!!!!!! I did get to the grocery store last week and used the motorized cart. OMG I am just 65 and never realized I would be familiar with a bath chair and walker!!!! I have finished two baby blankets and about 2/3 of another one!!!! Thank goodness I can be busy doing that. I also found Free Cell Solitaire and that can be addictive!!!!! I hope you are doing well now. Thanks for the support. !

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried deep breathing and relaxation exercises? These can be an effective part of a pain management program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili-I just turned 59 in June. I know exactly what you mean. You would think an old woman lives here! I look around to see who that is. I have found stretching exercises help as well as sitting or standing as upright as you can and pulling your stomach muscles in as you tilt your pelvis back helps enormously.. Recommended by my physical therapist and it does help with back pain, which can relieve your arms as well. Also see if you can raise your walker up so you aren't bending over so far. Have you gotten one of those plastic cast protectors with the rubber gasket so you can shower? Really helped me. If you like old time radio shows try archive.org for vintage shows and music. Great to crochet by. AARP has some fun games on their site if you're a member. I finally gave in and joined! Good luck to you, whenever you need us/me, we'll be there for a pep talk. You are not alone. Caro