Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnie, so sorry you're having troubles. We all hope the best for you and that things settle down. We all care and if you need to vent, we're here. Sometimes it's hard for family members to accept they can't help and all you want to do is hear something somebody like Judi G said, you poor thing, you don't deserve this. A lot of us are in the same boat, leaky as it is! Treasure the time you can crochet, or do other things if you aren't up to crocheting. I find listening to old radio shows, music and series like Philip Marlow Private Eye, (I'm more than a little love with him!)or Box 13 mysteries can take my mind off my ailments. Try archive.org. They not only have hundreds of shows but music as well if it's in the public domain. The old shows like Jack Benny, The Big show with Tallulah Bankhead are a hoot. Leading entertainers of the day appeared on her show to perform. I enjoy the veteran comics, as well. Funny how they could be amusing without being dirty! Seems to be a lost art. Anyway, if you need other suggestions how to distract yourself, let me/us know, we're not shy about telling you what helps us! Best Wishes, Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnie, that's not much fun at all. Here's hoping you figure out what's causing the rash. Did you by chance come into contact with something new?
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    My hands actually feel better in the warmth. When I shower or wash dishes, it helps them loosen up a bit. I have found Aleve works pretty well when the pain is bad enough to take something, tough I try not to take anything as much as possible. I am going to have to look for the arthritis gloves. I think they will help too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, there are a lot of carpal tunnel crocheters. I wore a splint for a couple of weeks and I am much better. I don't have as much pain as tingling, numbness and cramps. I have arthritis in all my joints so I've learned to live with that. Had both knees replaced and they say I need my hips but the knee replacements didn't do well and I am going to have the right knee done over again so no hips until I can't walk. The pain from the knees requires that you be almost unable to walk to go through it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi---
    You will finish on another day. Let that thumb rest for a day. Pain is your body's way of telling you it has had enough and now something is going wrong.
    I have had to switch fromknitting holding the yarn over my left hand [Continental style] to holding it over my right [English style] because of the CTS [carpal tunnel syndrome] and arthritis in my left hand; and my crocheting has become more difficult to do also.
    Even so, sometimes the left hand goes numb and starts to hurt [sometimes wakes me up during the night with excruciating pain that makes me gasp].
    I suppose I'm looking at another surgery for the CTS, this time on the left hand. The right hand was done a few years ago and it has worked well since.
    I just have to stop working when the fingers go numb because I know if I don't, the pain will be my reward.
    So I have to limit my knitting and crocheting. At 72, I do a lot of things slower than I used to, including crafting and walking.
    I do what I can for as long as I can and I am grateful that I can.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 09-20-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand where yawl are coming from too! I have a multitude of health problems myself and my hands give me trouble too. What I do is, like some of the ladies here have mentioned, I take frequent breaks, and I combine heat and cold and that works for me. I have carpal tunnel, cupitol tunnel, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord issues, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and on and on and on.....and some mysterious pain in my hands that no doctor has been able to tell me what causes it or how to stop it.

It is quite annoying, really, to not be able to do all day long like I want to, and some days are better than others and some days are flat out the pits! But life goes on and I want to go on with it, so I adjust. And that adjusting brings me to where I love to be, and that is being creative!!

Plus I have some really great pharmaceuticals, LOL
    Last edited by Landon; 09-20-2012 at 06:47 AM.