Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    From your lips to God's ear. Thanks for the encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like
    This winter they dug down through over 3 feet of snow to eat the Barberry bushes and they are covered with thorny spikes.

SweetSue, your deer sound more desperate than mine over here.

I don't think "our" deer are desperately hungry because we have tons of wild shrubs, etc. in the yard and indeed live surrounded by meadow & bush. I think deer are just like children, they want what's forbidden. JMO.

Anyway, a couple days ago I went into the garden to start my annual ritual of rearranging the garden. A calamity: I have to move the third of the garden on which tree roots are interfering and things won't grow there well anymore. A big job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Summer Garden 2019

I've harvested a delicious and tasty cantaloupe from my garden. One is on the vine and soon to be picked. My cantaloupe garden is entangled with purple morning glory and it looks beautiful! I planted some cucumber seeds and the seedling are about 5-6 inches in height. The Better Boy(hybrid tomato) plant that I bought at about 6 inches is now a foot tall. Planted peas in a cup, have one that has shown itself. Also planted watermelon seeds in a planter container and have four-6 inch seedlings. Have seen a monarch butterfly in my garden recently...what a surprise!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!