Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Yard Sale Finds

Post Thanks / Like
    I had yard sale yarn luck this weekend. Though the seller was NASTY. Think she was selling off her Mom's stash as she was clueless about the different types of yarns in the box. She acted like it was a big imposition. But at $1 a skein I just picked my favorites, paid, and left.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought to look at yard sales thanks for the tip. Here I go yard sales!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never had much luck finding yarn at yard sale..usually it's material people sell here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, yard sale finds are great! I've made 2 great yard sale yarn purchases in the past month. 30 skeins of bulky yarn for $7 and 50 brand new skeins of beadspread cotton for $5. I'm having trouble finding room for it all! lol

5. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Sheila - if you're having trouble with all that bedspread cotton, I'd be glad to swing by and take some off your hands! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila R View Post
    I agree, yard sale finds are great! I've made 2 great yard sale yarn purchases in the past month. 30 skeins of bulky yarn for $7 and 50 brand new skeins of beadspread cotton for $5. I'm having trouble finding room for it all! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too!!!!!! Have to use all the exclamation signs so that message is long enough. Now I have added the explananation and it is really longer than 10 letters! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Theresa and twinfaye, I would love to meet you both, but I'm not parting with it!! lol I'll find a place for it if it kills me (or my family does it first!) lolol

9. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess that is for the best after all a trip to Michigan might make the yarn cost more than buying it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Tennessee!!! It's especially beautiful in the fall (it's only a one-day trip from here)..... But you're right, now that Hurricane Isaac is shooting up gas prices, you wouldn't even be able to enjoy the drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in an area that is famous in Tennessee for a wonderful nature park. It is called Fall Creek Falls. I live 8 miles from it. It is very rustic, has cabins and tent sites and hiking and biking trails. It is one of the first places I went swimming there is a natural swimming area that we love. Welcome to come to Tennessee for the colors but with the lack of rain I don't expect we will have any. So if you come to TN then you might want to get rid of some of that old yarn??? lol