Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: scented yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mixpixlix! I'm fine now! I had the dishclothes for sale yesterday at a Craft Sale. Several perople picked them up, but when I told them they had been made with scented yarn they put them down! I sold out of the regular yarn ones though! I don't think I will use the yarn again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lily introduced their 'scented yarns' almost a year ago in the Sugar and Cream line.

Lily: Lily Sugar'n Cream Scents - Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns!

I've not used them as I've got too many allergies, but those whom I've spoke to who have, have said that allthough the scent is a nice 'novelty', they won't purchase the yarns again as too many people have allergies.

Can you imagine giving someone a lovely lavender scented bath set only to have them land in the hospital because they were allergic to lavender, unbeknownst to you?
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprise Lily made the scented yarns available. About 15 years ago department stores were forced to stop spritzing shoppers with perfume as the walked through the aisles. Allegeries are rampant and can develop literally overnight. I can't even walk down the detergent aisle at the grocery store without sneezing and getting a headache.

I wonder how much scented yarn is going to turn up in the discontinued bins? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anybody tried washing it to see if the scent fades? If it is so nice to work with, it would be a shame to avoid it because of the allergy factor. Maybe there is something on the label about it? Or on the company's website? I checked my Walmart and I don't see it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of it, but like the idea. What brand is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    Never heard of it, but like the idea. What brand is it?
    As was posted earlier in the thread, its the Sugar and Cream
    Lily: Lily Sugar'n Cream Scents - Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the items I crocheted with the scented yarn in a plastic bag. The scent is still there but not like it was when I was working on it! Maybe I should wash them to see if the scent stays!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen the scented yarn, but due to my allergies I voted to not try it. However, I did get the scrubby one and it is the greatest thing ever! I've made dishclothes for a friend and she loves them. I've also used it for face and body scrubbers for myself, daughter and granddaughter and we think they are the best. Only problem is it tends to be hard to find now that I want it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joanns has it on line..after few washing the scent isn't strong..

Post Thanks / Like
    I also sneezed up a storm while crocheting a washcloth with this yarn. Not only that, I got very itchy throughout entire body. Had to go shower immediately upon finishing to get whatever got on me off. I washed the washcloth several times and the odor (scent) finally was gone. I am allergic to those yarns - I will no longer be using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Have any of you used the new scented cotton yarn? I bought some by mistake the other day-I liked the color! I kept sneezing while I was making a dishcloth with it! I looked on the label and found that it was scented! I'm wondering how long the scent lasts? I'm thinking of selling the dishcloth as a small doily to maybe put on a bedside table-it's lavender scent!