Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Where's everyone from i am curious???

Hello all from southeastern Mi Belleville to be exact. I have been a member of this group for quite some time but to be honest my emails went to junk mail and I didn't realize it. So I haven't posted on here much. I am just now trying to figure out how to post to this group took a while but I think I got it hahaha.

i'm Barb I am 67 yr old crocheter since I was about 12 yr old and my grandmother taught me with the crochet thread. I haven't used thread in years. I mainly make afghans and mostly baby ones but I am currently in the process of doing about 12 afghans all sizes for a family friend that passed away she asked me to make each one of her grandchildren a afghan so that's what I am doing. I've gotten I think 6 done and 5 counting the one I am working on to go. I am currently doing a granny square when I get pictures i'll post them.

I am also disabled I was born with cerebral palsey I walked up till 09 when I broke my left leg coming down my parents steps hitting a cement slab. I am in a wheelchair now full time. I've had a lot of health issues in the past 2 yr and just now getting to the point of not having to go to a doctor or a test each month. I have a bad heart (congestive heart failure) also suffer from hitial hernia which has been operated on 2 so far. first one came undone. I suffer from depression so crocheting I guess you could say is my therapy.

As you can see I love to talk lol. I live alone which gets lonely at times . don't have many friends so I am pretty much on my own.

I love to see where people are from so thought i'd ask where ya all from? Anyone from Michigan I know one lady is in port huron are there anymore? My parents are both from the pretty state of Ky I love it down there.

ok well i'll shut up now and let someone else have a chance to talk hahahaha.

Bawrb

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome.to.the.group.Barbie.I.am.from.Coshocton,Oh io..I.have.done.a.few.afghans.for.family..I.do.alo t.of.other.projects.too..I.do.a.lot.of.different.c rafts...I.have.only.begun.crocheting.about.4years. ago..I.thank.the.good.Lord.for.giving.me.the.gift. because.it.has.helped.me.a.lot..I.am.disabled.and. it.helps.to.keep.me.going..I.am.56.and.I.don't.get .out.much.either.It.is.a.pleasure.to.meet.you.and. if.you.want.to.talk.just.send.me.a.private.message ..

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently in the process of doing about 12 afghans all sizes for a family friend that passed away she asked me to make each one of her grandchildren a afghan so that's what I am doing.

I am flabberghasted. You are a most generous soul.

Post Thanks / Like
    well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta due when your stuck inside and don't get out much you have to either read books , watch tv or crochet afghans. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb,
    Welcome. I'm in Holland Michigan. I'm currently crocheting a afghan for my niece and a lapghan for a nursing home. I have other lapghans set aside for the nursing home also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am from Europe. I crochet filet things like doilies, tablecloth, bedspread. I have a grandson, who is 1,5 months old. I am too busy now crocheting the bedspread when I have time.
    Have a good day
    Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barbies, I moved from Paris France to live in South Carolina. Most folks ask why? My mother had cancer and she needed me so that is why I moved back to take care of her. I like to make baby things they are fast to do. I have 3 grand daughters and one little grandson. Guess who I spoil?

It is nice that you are doing something for your friend and it is keeping you busy. You will have many friends here. I have met some very nice ladies and some gentlemen as well. MeToo and I are now email pals.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean we've talked before I think your about 3 hrs from me I am in between ann arbor and Detroit in Belleville.

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa your bedspread sounds wonderful . I haven't done one of those but I've done afghans for twin, queen and king size beds.

Post Thanks / Like
    You understand, how much time I spend on this bedspread. I have 70 rows to go.... I hope to finish it in 2017. I have more unfinished projects. Really I miss my little things.
    I have 6 birds and snail.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן