Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I am very lucky. I have 3 amazing kids and 3 grandkids. Our oldest grandson is 17. The 2 daughters and one son and oldest grandson all mother me, too. They like to switch roles on me. Sometimes, I have to remind them who is older. LOL. My grandfather came north to Cleveland, worked for the railroad and retired from the "Chessie" Chesapeake Railroad. My grandmother died at 39 in childbirth (her 4th). My mom was 13 (her 2 brothers were older). My cousin and I are still finding cousins that we haven't met yet. One has relatives that were in Kentucky, and the other is the granddaughter of my mother's brother. Small Reunion in October. One of the cousins was raised by a foster family right in my backyard. So glad we were brought together. Enough of this. I can't wait to try some of the new Caron Cakes yarn that goes from one shade of a color to another. I ordered some because they didn't have the color I wanted, but I'll wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you have fun with your new yarn I have a ton of yarn here but haven't tried the cakes yet.

Pittsfield, Wisconsin which is 7 miles west of Green Bay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BarbieS1949, I am going on 60 yrs old Sept. 5th. I became disabled when I slipped on black ice getting out of my SUV. My left leg slipped and the right one stayed in the vehicle. It twisted enough that I damaged 2 disks badly. I have had 3 back surgeries and still have a lot of problems with my back and right leg. I had 2 aneurysms in my brain , both on the carotid arteries. Have a few issues from that. And fibro. I do have a wonderful husband who takes real good care of me. I'm thankful that I'm still able to walk but as time is going on it's getting more difficult. I try to do the best I can. My husband teases me and says " if you were a horse I'd have to shoot you" . We laugh about that cause he is like the worlds biggest horse lover. As far as the baby blankets I'm making, they are for friends and relation, no grandbabies for me. Take care, nice to meet you......Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy,

How do I put this I gasp when I read about your fall that is my biggest fear. Since I have cerebral palsey my left side is weaker then my right but I also know th at goes along with nearly everyone having one side the dominant side . I feel for you! Can you use a walker to help you walk. I walked on and off all my life till I broke my leg with cruthes. I am not fond of walkers but I will use them now and then if someone is here.

I am on the other side of the lake from you in Michigan . I am between Ann arbor (15 mi) and Detroit (30 mi) in a small town called Belleville.

what pattern do you use for your baby afghans do you use a lot of different patterns or just one. I am trying to learn from YouTube new patterns I never could read a pattern and go by it. Before I started with youtube I used a shell stitch that I learned many many moons ago and I can't even tell you how I learned it or when but I've made probably a couple thousand baby afghans with it but I use the back loops and it makes it stand out and is reversible. i'll send you a picture.

Thanks for chatting with me.

this is one I did a few years ago.
    Barb

Where's everyone from i am curious???-rainbow-baby-afghan-002-jpgWhere's everyone from i am curious???-close-baby-afghan-jpgWhere's everyone from i am curious???-close-baby-afghan-jpgWhere's everyone from i am curious???-rainbow-baby-afghan-003-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Nice Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Miss BarbieS1949

I am originally from the Sioux City area of Iowa, but now I hale from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I do miss my green. BUT, I don't miss the bitter cold or humidity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever been to the balloon fest? I am in Michigan and I drove through 5 states to go to it in 2001. I loved it. I would love to go back but can't afford it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings All, This is certainly a diverse group. I'm currently in Cleveland, Ohio, about 20 minutes from North Ridgeville and 45 minutes from Norton. I learned to crochet when I was about 4 from my grandmother. Mom and her parents came to Cleveland from Czechoslovakia when she was 5. I just celebrated my 66th birthday on Labor Day; Mom always said I gave it a whole new meaning. I love crocheting and while I do sell some items, I mostly make items for charity - lapghans, scarves, hats, washcloths, etc. God blessed me with a decent paying job before I retired that now I can pass it on. Barb, those are beautiful afghans. You ladies are such an inspiration. I whine when my tendonitis acts up but you ladies just keep on going. God bless you!!!! Dafy

Post Thanks / Like
    I am Zana from Elizabethtown Pennsylvania. I am 51 and moved in with my mother when we lost my stepdad. we are both disabled I do crocheting of small items for church charities. I am working on things for operation christmas child. I also make things for church members to take with them on missions trips.
    Sometimes I even crochet sweaters for my cat. He actually likes them when it is cold out.
    Other interests include Doctor Who and Adam Ant. There is nothing special about me except for how much I spoil my cat.Where's everyone from i am curious???-0112161603-01-1-jpg