Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. My family in ky are from Magoffin co Salyersville is the name of the town. My grandmother was half Cherokee I am not really into geneology so that's about all I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kathy ,

wows those babies will keep you busy for awhile . Wish I was there to play with them lol. I love to make baby afghans . This morning I finished a twin size granny square I am gonna post pictures of it on this site where they post pictures of everyones projects. i'm in the middle of making 12 for a lady that passed aways grandkids. Nice to meet you. I wanted to ask if you don't mind what type of disability do you have? I was born with Cerebral palsey I walked up till 09 when I fell on my parents steps and broke a femur bone at the knee on my left leg. I never used to be scared of anything but it hit me in the face that i'll not live forever like teens think altho I am far from the teenage years. Anyway due to the fall and fear of breaking another bone I am in a wheelchair full time now.

Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    well I was gonna post this where everyone was showing what they are working on but I can't find it for some reason so i'll post my pictures here. this is a all pinks granny square afghan twin size its not laying flat on the bed due to this being a hospital bed and I have the rails up. I finished this at 1a.m. this morning.

Where's everyone from i am curious???-pinks-granny-square-8-29-jpgWhere's everyone from i am curious???-pinks-granny-square-2017-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    How pretty!!!!!!!! I love the colors! Of course, pink is my favorite color. You did an awesome job. I'm disabled, too. But, I'm able to walk. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have had my right ankle replaced with titanium, and am currently recover in from having my right rotator cuff re-done. Rheumatoid arthritis has really one a number on me. My daughter's both have it, but one has it worse. The younger daughter not so much.
    Crocheting is good therapy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Good job Barbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That's beautiful, BarbieS1949. Makes me want to make one. Lovely choice of colors.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stitching! Love the colors! Be well. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all . Well I gotta confess the pattern and colors were picked out by a male friend its for his nieces and nephews . they told him what colors they wanted and he picked out the shades and everything. I suggested the burgundy tho I had some left over from another king size one I made a few years ago. Pink is my favorite color also and I loved how this one turned out. at some point I am gonna be doing a pink and black one but not sure if that will be the next one on the list or not.

Judy I feel for you . My neighbor is recovering from Rotator cup surgery he's been off work almost a year It will be a year in oct. he did something picking up a load of bottle water same thing my grandson did to his back. I have cousins with Fibromyalgia. I feel for you with foot surgery well any type of surgery would do me in. back in April I went to get yarn and came home to bring it in and I had such a load I had a hard time getting it in. I had a power wheelchair to use to bring it in and it was raining and I didn't want to have to make another trip to my car for yarn (which I have realized I should left in my c at overnight but nooooo goofy me brought it in.) one of the big bags of yarn slid down my arm and the handle got stuck on the joystick for my wheelchair needless to say I plowed my left foot into my couch it went underneath the couch and got stuck . I had to turn off my chair while I was screaming take the bag off turn the chair back on and slowly move my foot out. it was bruised really really bad and some thought broken but I had read online they didn't do anything for that but tape it so I endured for 6 wks till it healed and that's not a simple task with cerebral palsey and bad balance and living on your own. Needless to say I crocheted up a storm and made a twin size afghan while my foot healed. so I know surgery had to be hard for you as well. Good luck with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Barb. I feel for you, too. I'm recovering okay. But then, I have a husband taking good care of me. I'm lucky. You're really awesome and brave. I guess that's why crochet is so good for us. It's great therapy. It's gotten me through many a depressing time. It says a lot for us being from Kentucky!!! LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy,

Wish I could say I was a ky hillbilly but I am not actually. I was born in Michigan but both my parents are from Ky and its my second home. I love the scenery down there and the people are much friendlier then in Michigan. Michigan has a lot of people in my area from the hills of ky. Back in the 40's you either went in the service or came north unless you wanted to work in a coal mine. That's all they have down there is coal mines if you don't work in a store post office or something like that you'd have to drive 2 hrs each way to the nearest factory. I know you've heard Loretta Lyns I was born a coal miners daughter well she is from very very close to where my parents are from and that song really does tell how it was back then. My dad came up here and got jobs in factorys he retired from Fords . My mother worked for a place called Burroughs it was a big factory that used to make cash registars and then turned to computers just before she retired.
    Ky is my second home I love it.

i'm so glad you have a good husband to take care of you. I wish I had that kinda service here lol.