Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbie and welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio!!

I too have a "forgotten" birthday.....January 8th......two weeks after Christmas. I always envied my sister having a B'day in October. She got the outdoor parties I always wanted as a child. Don't get me wrong....I love my sister. I just always hated having a COLD B'day! Now that I am 69, it doesn't bother me any more. I don't crave outdoor parties and we head south in the winter! No, I don't get outdoor, warm weather B'days even now, because we don't leave until after Jan. 8th. Wow...I really got going on the B'day thing, didn't I?

Anyway, we welcome you to the forum and hope you make some good friends here. The people here are so wonderful and helpful!

I think you had a great idea to ask everyone where they are from!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,

Your about 4 hrs from me I come through Cinn on my way to ky . My folks are both gone now but both are from southeastern Ky and I still have cousins down there I visit now and then but didn't get to go this year. I have a cousin that lives on the outskirts of Cinn and more in Dayton.

Well you and I can share our winter birthdays lol. I am I guess a nut about birthdays because of mine being so close to Christmas.

Your not much older then I am I will be 69 in dec. Where do you go in the south for winter Fla? I wish I had the money to do that i'd do it in a heart beat. A lot of seniors are now going west to Arizonia.

Thanks for the note!

Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb,
    You should contact me the next time you are coming to Cincy! We could meet for lunch or something.
    We travel to Florida, to visit our sisters. His lives in Ormond Beach (right above Daytona) and mine lives in Kissimmee (just below Orlando). Then, we head out west to Mesa, AZ to visit his cousin's widow. After that, we go to my cousin's house in Aurora, CO, before coming home. We put at least 6,000 miles on our van every year. We love our two-month vacation!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    JO,

i'd love to meet you. do you get around Dayton area any I was wondering if you'd heard of any Neeley's my cousin Greg Neeley has a business in Dayton he refurbishes homes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieS1949 View Post
    JO,

i'd love to meet you. do you get around Dayton area any I was wondering if you'd heard of any Neeley's my cousin Greg Neeley has a business in Dayton he refurbishes homes.
    Hi Barb,
    No, I don't know any Neeley's. We don't get to Dayton much, but were just in Fairborn a couple of weeks ago, visiting my cousin.

I hope we can meet sometime!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was born in Brooklyn New York, raised on Long Island New York for most of my life, then after losing my family over the past few years, picked up and moved to North Carolina.

Welcome to Crochettalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieS1949 View Post
    Larisa your bedspread sounds wonderful . I haven't done one of those but I've done afghans for twin, queen and king size beds.
    Hi Barb,
    Afghans to put on beds take a long time don't they?

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived my entire adult life in the Dallas Metroplex until THIS summer, just moved to Tennessee, close to the Smoky Mountains and LOVE the change!

I'm working on my weather afghan (you can see my post on it) and another blanket.
    I love to do arugami but haven't done any since I started the weather afghan.

My daughter wants to learn to knit (she thinks it's cooler than crochet, hrmp) so I've been working on those skills a little bit in effort to help her, but my love is still crochet.

-Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    I'm from Manchester UK. Am retired now and recently took up crochet. Needless to say I am now "Hooked"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suewin View Post
    ...My daughter wants to learn to knit (she thinks it's cooler than crochet, hrmp) so I've been working on those skills a little bit in effort to help her, but my love is still crochet.

-Susan
    It is true that up until recently, if you wanted an elegant, lightweight, perfect-fitting garment, there was not much to be found in the way of crochet patterns. Sweaters and jackets were like horseblankets. (A professional knitter told me that years ago - and I could not disagree with him.)

However, that sure has changed in the past dozen years or so. When you find men taking up crochet, and making videos on the craft - well, you know something is afoot, namely that it is now "cool". I am just flabberghasted at the variety of yarn available today. Totally suitable for crochet (as well as knitting). Better tell your daughter.