Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did watch it again some and also saw things I missed the first time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, yesterday we went for a bike ride and we ended up near a Target...and they had the Hatfields and McCoys on sale...so we got it...wow it is GOOD! Since we were tired from our bike ride we were only going to watch part one...but I was like...I need to know what happens...so we watched part two and we are still hanging! Isn't it sad how good friends can let things get in the way of their relationship?! For the first time I don't want to know how things end, I want to experience it...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I know. This series seemed to really hit home with my husband and me. It was so real, and so heart-breaking. You wonder how they live with so much heartbreak. Kevin Costner really had a great cast in this series. Even the kids hooked you into the movie. I'm sure if I watched it again, I would see something I missed the first time. My mother came from Kentucky, and I found out that our family fought on the Confederate side. My husband's family thinks they fought on the North. He isn't sure yet. Our kids are starting to tell him to look it up. Our older grandson (12) is African-American and REALLY curious!

Post Thanks / Like
    We watched it a few times and you do see things which you did not see the first time. It is a great show and I plan to watch it again in the near future!

Post Thanks / Like
    We weren't able to see it when it aired on TV. The DVD is on my wish list for Christmas though.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool...it was really that good....just finished part three last night and wow to think that people had such a tiff that it became history...

Post Thanks / Like
    This movie is based on a book by Altina L. Walker. Titled "Feud--Hatfields, McCoys and Social Change in Appalachia, 1860-1900". More was involved in this than the feud between these two families. Perry Cline played a huge part in this feud and hated the Hatfields because of their business success and plotted revenge. Much of the newspaper reports at that time came from Cline and not someone who covered this on a first-hand basis, according to a review in the Lexington Hearld Leader. You can locate it on the UNCPRESSBLOG.COM

Post Thanks / Like
    Cliffene, thanks for the fyi...my husband told me it was based on a book and I just kept forgetting to look it up online. I would like to read it. I will also make it a point to check out that blog; the movie did a great job in showing that Perry Cline was indeed a trouble maker...and it is no surprise he used ink and paper to fight his battle...

Post Thanks / Like
    That is intriguing. I will have to look for the book. Jealousy can be such a negative emotion, especially when allowed to bloom like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffene View Post
    This movie is based on a book by Altina L. Walker. Titled "Feud--Hatfields, McCoys and Social Change in Appalachia, 1860-1900". More was involved in this than the feud between these two families. Perry Cline played a huge part in this feud and hated the Hatfields because of their business success and plotted revenge. Much of the newspaper reports at that time came from Cline and not someone who covered this on a first-hand basis, according to a review in the Lexington Hearld Leader. You can locate it on the UNCPRESSBLOG.COM

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the research and the book people say is good but academic....Yes Jealousy seems to be the route cause of a lot of families down fall; even like in the count of monty cristo....the rich friend says to the response of the poor friend who is genuinly hurt and surprised that his best friend betrays him..."WHY?" Because I shouldn't want to be the son of a merchant....so sad